Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo 3 XL in CO

RGC

Thought I would start a direct thread on this....

Any history with running the R3 XL on a Shadow or Tanfo Stock 2?  Have an extra XL that was going to use on an open project (PT Honcho) but deciding to likely let the gun go when it arrives and stick to production / CO.

On 4/20/2020 at 1:28 PM, RGC said:

Any history with running the R3 XL on a Shadow or Tanfo Stock 2?  Have an extra XL that was going to use on an open project (PT Honcho) but deciding to likely let the gun go when it arrives and stick to production / CO.

I've got a friend that have been running them on his x5 and he hasn't had any issues out of it. Are you worried about the optic getting beat up or if it will fit?

I use a r3xl on my p320 legions. 22k on one, 5k on another. Before that I probably had 30k on some r3maxs. I’ve had zero issues, that said  I’ve talked to others that have had issues, most common seems to be the L R adjusmtent screw not holding zero, I’ve also heard of some dying right out of the box or shortly after. 

every dot is gonna have issues, but it seems if you make it to 5k you are gtg.

2 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

I use a r3xl on my p320 legions. 22k on one, 5k on another. Before that I probably had 30k on some r3maxs. I’ve had zero issues, that said  I’ve talked to others that have had issues, most common seems to be the L R adjusmtent screw not holding zero, I’ve also heard of some dying right out of the box or shortly after. 

every dot is gonna have issues, but it seems if you make it to 5k you are gtg.

5000 Rounds does seem to be the go not go test for durability on a lot of optics as far as durability goes.  On the 3R Maxs, are those direct mount or are the mounted on adapter plates?

4 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

5000 Rounds does seem to be the go not go test for durability on a lot of optics as far as durability goes.  On the 3R Maxs, are those direct mount or are the mounted on adapter plates?

I’ve taken atleast 6 r3s over 10k.  If your r3 makes it to 5k, you are unlikely to have future issues with the l/r adjustment knob or the dot flat out dying.  Can it still break? Sure it can.... I’ve probably run 8-10 different r3 with no issues, and I’m probably pushing my luck. 

ive run them both with and without plates. After fully committing to the r3, I had a couple slides direct milled and have been using those since late last year.  

4 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

I’ve taken atleast 6 r3s over 10k.  If your r3 makes it to 5k, you are unlikely to have future issues with the l/r adjustment knob or the dot flat out dying.  Can it still break? Sure it can.... I’ve probably run 8-10 different r3 with no issues, and I’m probably pushing my luck. 

ive run them both with and without plates. After fully committing to the r3, I had a couple slides direct milled and have been using those since late last year.  

Seeing how the optic experiences two car wrecks with every shot of the gun, I am surprised they last as long as the do.  Thanks for the info, looking forward to putting some Rounds on the X5 with the Romeo 3 Max on it.

2 minutes ago, eboadway said:

I have 2, both over 10k rounds (one closer to 15k). Working great so far! Now the DPP, we won't even talk about that s**t.

How Many DPPs?  I keep seeing all these people recommending the Delta Point Pros, and I am like,  "Sure.  I will get right on that."

13 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

How Many DPPs?  I keep seeing all these people recommending the Delta Point Pros, and I am like,  "Sure.  I will get right on that."

I broke over 10 DPP in 2018. They have supposedly redesigned the circuit board, but I’ve since moved on.....

3 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

I broke over 10 DPP in 2018. They have supposedly redesigned the circuit board, but I’ve since moved on.....

My man, I have to thank people like you.  Luckily I just started shooting carry optics, and you guys are the ones that learned the painful lessons we can use moving forward.  I will say I am curious on how the DPPs hold up with the "new" circuit boards.

On 4/20/2020 at 11:28 AM, RGC said:

Not what you're asking about, but PM me about the Honcho you have on order.  I may take it as I was planning to order one anyway.

I’ve broken roughly 15 of the “top” name brand red dots on the market. Someone suggested that I put a tiny dab of black silicone in between the slide and the dot. Haven’t broken a dot since in 85k+ rounds. Haven’t lost zero once.