Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PT EVO or New Cheely Grip - Holster Question

NCShadow2

I have an Atlas Chaos shipping out tomorrow.  It has the new Cheely grips on it.  Adam said they are moving away from the PT....  My question is this.  I have a PT Evo Insert for my DAA, and wanted to order the Everglades holster, but they say the fit could be 50/50??  I liked the PT grip on my Atlas Nemesis, and thinking I will tell Adam to just put the PT Evo on before they ship tomorrow.  Anybody out there have the new Cheely, and get it to work with Everglades holster, and which DAA insert works?    I attached pics.

I guess my main question is - is the Cheely worth it possibly not fitting in the holster that you want, and also having to buy another DAA insert.  Thanks ahead of time for your help.  Waited a long time to get this kind of gun, and want everything to fit.

7duPrnzwRK6yzOoPd3goGg_thumb_2a66.jpg

MHy19KoFS%eDo465U7VHvg_thumb_2a65.jpg

I run the Cheely E2, and use an SV STL insert for my race master. Had an STI plastic grip originally with the standard STI insert and the E2 grip just flopped around in it.

Edited by niroth81

For those interested, here is where you file.   The e2 is fat around the front of the grip and would not drop in far enough to latch on mine.   Others have said theirs dropped in without modification.  I chamfered the inside edges of the top of the block so it cleared the grip.  I actually took more off than necessary.  You cannot screw this up by taking too much off.  It will not affect anything.  The grip is not supposed to hit the block at any point.

NC, the STI and SVI DAA blocks did not work properly in my Alpha-X and RaceMaster holsters.  I could have modified them.  I was tired of having to change blocks every time I changed guns.  The Everglades holster (after this slight mod) works with every one of my Open guns, regardless of grip.

100_1217.thumb.JPG.9102315d3f4c5c47fbf5a24a99718a59.JPG

Edited by zzt

I just went through this exact thing. I ordered a SV insert for my DAA at the same time I ordered a new Everglade MRH for my Atlas Open gun with Cheely E2 grip. The DAA works, but in my opinion it’s sloppy..lots of movement down the gun from the trigger guard. The cheely grip did fit into the MRH without modification, but the lock was little hard to engage...just a little filing, and it was good to go. 

All my other holsters will be sold..the MRH is awesome holster

!

NC, I forgot to put this in my previous post.  IMO, yes, the Cheely is worth it, especially since moding the Everglades is easy.  I seriously considered ordering a PT Honcho as a backup when they were having a special where you could buy an Open gun with two extra barrels and accys. for $4k.  That was a super deal.  The only reason I didn't is it came with an EVO grip.  The e2 fits my hand so well that every 2011 Open gun I build in the future (for me) will wear one.

NCShadow2

Give Shooters Connection a call - They had them in stock with the tigh pad last week. Where I ordered mine from...just back from practicing at the range - I can't say enough about how smooth this holster is! The only thing I don't like is the rollers bearings are wearing the finish pretty good on the bottom of the gun..