Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

308 buffer spring and neoprene spacer

Trying to stop bolt catch breakage and still able to shoot 115 gr 9mm ammo. I'm currently waiting arrival of a 308 buffer spring and neoprene buffer spacer. I ordered these from JoeBobs outfitters. I will be testing them after they arrive. I wonder if this is over kill? I have also discovered a stainless steel bolt catch for sale on line and wondering if anyone has tried one of these?

Edited by TexasBohunk
2 hours ago, TexasBohunk said:

Trying to stop bolt catch breakage and still able to shoot 115 gr 9mm ammo. I'm currently waiting arrival of a 308 buffer spring and neoprene buffer spacer. I ordered these from Joe Bobs. I will be testing them after they arrive. I wonder if this is over kill? I have also discovered a stainless steel bolt catch for sale on line and wondering if anyone has tried one of these?

I haven't tried the bolt catch but I'm using a 308 spring, 7.5ox buffer, and the spacer from Joe Bob's.  Running just fine right now in a Freedom Arms FX9 16".  About 2k rounds so far, mixed 115, 124, 135.  I cut the spacer down to where it just lets the bolt hold open work but once that's done no problem.  Stack quarters until you have the bolt running OK by hand to get the length then cut a bit longer and try until it's just right.

RTL