Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feeding issues with Tanfo 40 S&W

CZ223

I have a new Tanfoglio Limited custom in 40 S&W that I purchased several months ago.  I have shot it very little  but have been having problems with it from the start.  I Have tried a few factory brands with it as well as my hand-loads.  It seems to function best with one of my hand-loads which is a little on the warm side with a hollow point bullet.  I also occasionally get a stove pipe. but that may just be with a weaker hand load. It has the original recoil spring in it that came from the factory.  Also, when racking the slide it is stiff and gritty.  Where do I start to try to fix the problem?  I have watched Memphis Mechanics videos but don't have the time to do all that work myself right now.  

You will need to get way more specific on your feed issues. Does it feed from slide lock ?
Far as the stove pipes, Usually that is caused by new tight gun, underpowered ammo, over powered recoil spring, or over tight or misshaped extractor.

Take the gun apart thouroughly clean, thouroughly lube, then put a couple hundred rounds of mainstream brand ammo in it. Then go from there.

Thanks for the response Joe4D. That is pretty much what I did today.  I cleaned and lubed it and went to a 12 pound spring that came with it.  I took it out and ran 160 rounds of ammo through it including a 100 rounds of Winchester white box flat point. I had only one failure to feed and that may have been caused by me shooting a little too fast and letting the gun jump around in my hand.  After that I ran over a 100 rounds through it without fail. 

Another option is having someone else shoot it. Your comment about "letting the gun jump around in my hand" made me anxious. Like Joe said above, thoroughly clean it, lube it properly, shoot it...……..and have someone else shoot it. 

• 3 months later...