Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev slide with Holosun 507c?? Anyone got one?

tha1000

Has anyone mounted a Holosun 407/507 to a Zev slide?  The screws that came with the slide are bottoming out on the threaded bosses but the dot is still loose.  How did you resolve this issue?

It seems like I’ll need a different profile screw, or to shorten the bosses and possibly the screws.  Just curious as to whether anyone else has had this issue.  Google hasn’t been much help. 

The screws are #4-40 and I have ordered some from Fastenal in the past. They weren’t something that my local store had in stock but I was able to order and pick up in store next day. They’re hex head instead of torx but that was all I could find. I didn’t have any issues mounting a RMR or SRO on my Zev slide but wanted slightly longer screws for more thread engagement. 

I would go the route of sourcing new screws before modifying the bosses personally. 

2 minutes ago, Helios said:

The screws are #4-40 and I have ordered some from Fastenal in the past. They weren’t something that my local store had in stock but I was able to order and pick up in store next day. They’re hex head instead of torx but that was all I could find. I didn’t have any issues mounting a RMR or SRO on my Zev slide but wanted slightly longer screws for more thread engagement. 

I would go the route of sourcing new screws before modifying the bosses personally. 

Oops, too late. It seems the screw pocket in the Holosun is deeper than the trijicons. I took about a 1/16 off the bosses and it mounted up tight.  

5 hours ago, tha1000 said:

Oops, too late. It seems the screw pocket in the Holosun is deeper than the trijicons. I took about a 1/16 off the bosses and it mounted up tight.  

Glad you got it sorted out man!

• 3 years later...
On 4/19/2020 at 1:03 PM, tha1000 said:

Sorry to revive an old thread. But I ran into this issue. Choices are either a riser or lower the zev posts like you did. 

did you do anything to the metal after you ground them down?