Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most of The Bullet Component Companies are Out of Stock :/

Glockster1

1 minute ago, Boomstick303 said:

I am sure this has been answered probably a couple of times somewhere in this forum.  I did a quick search and could not find any Info through the search function.  I cannot find any normal small pistol Primers.  I purchased some Small Pistol Magnum primers and plan to run some batches of ammo using that.  Practice ammo mostly.  I was planning on dropping about 0.2 grains from my current 9mm load and work up.  Was wondering if anyone else has done this and what to expect.   Thank you in advance.

I wouldn’t change the drop at all. Won’t be a real difference. I load for Open guns and have chronoed  with small rifle and small pistol. No change

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure this has been answered probably a couple of times somewhere in this forum.  I did a quick search and could not find any Info through the search function.  I cannot find any normal small pistol Primers.  I purchased some Small Pistol Magnum primers and plan to run some batches of ammo using that.  Practice ammo mostly.  I was planning on dropping about 0.2 grains from my current 9mm load and work up.  Was wondering if anyone else has done this and what to expect.   Thank you in advance.
I run magnum primers when I need to. I have never noticed much of a difference in the feeling of the load. I have chronoed the different primers and never noticed a significant difference.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, Boomstick303 said:

Small rifle primers can be used in place of small pistol ones. They fit exactly the same. They have a slightly thicker cup and (may) require a harder hitting firing pin/hammer spring to fire them off.

1 hour ago, Boomstick303 said:

No need to change your current load.  Plug-n-play with the mag primers as is.  

I've chronoed the exact load with regular SPP and mag SPP and only see around 1 PF increase and sometimes not even that.

2 hours ago, BJB said:

No need to change your current load.  Plug-n-play with the mag primers as is.  

I've chronoed the exact load with regular SPP and mag SPP and only see around 1 PF increase and sometimes not even that.

Sounds good.  

• 2 weeks later...

Xtreme Bullets has 9mm back in stock. 115gr, 124gr, 147gr, and 165gr....I just ordered 4000 124RN. They are running about two-three weeks behind on shipping but their inventory is updated as your order is completed....Mark

4 hours ago, jstagn said:

Ordered 9 124 JHP from PD on 4/12/20. Anyone have any idea how long before ship. Fortunately not in immediate need. Thanks 

I ordered mine on the 6th of April, and got the shipping notice yesterday, so expect about a month as well.

3 hours ago, SeattleDude said:

Ordered 4 cases of Montana Gold 124gr JHP and they were shipped next day. No issues there.

Same. I ordered Monday and they were delivered Thursday. One of the fastest shipments ever from Montana Gold.

If you don’t see your preferred bullet in stock just call and talk to them. When they were showing out of my bullets they just said they were swamped and had them in stock but didn’t have time to update inventory. My last order came two weeks ago and the label on the box said made on 11/19 so they seem to have plenty stashed away

Wanted to try 135g for 9mm. April 26th placed small orders (2K) with J-Ames, RMR & Blue. J-Ames arrived yesterday, May 11th. So if anyone desperately needs bullets, it seems that J-Ames makes them as the orders come in.  I expect RMR & Blue to arrive later this summer. jamesbullets.com order process is different; submit order, wait for email invoice. Mail a check. Wait for email confirming check rec'd in mail. 1 week later, bullets arrived.

On 4/19/2020 at 12:05 PM, RangerTrace said:

I wish I could afford three years worth of components.  I probably have enough brass........

I usually take a large amount of any overtime I get paid for or tax return and buy two cases of primers and 16# of powder. I then buy Everglades brass 3500 every three months and the same for bullets overlapping a pay period. 
Only way I can afford to shoot is buying components in bulk but staggered so that m not buying all the components simultaneously. Spreading the cost out is better for me 👍🏽