Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most of The Bullet Component Companies are Out of Stock :/

Glockster1

As of 4-18-2020 The only ones left with pistol bullets products to sell that I've seen are the coated bullet companies. And they have raised their prices a bit they say due to the prices for lead skyrocketing during this man-made virus "pandemic".  However, I did hoard Lol a TON of bullets from my favorite coated bullet company before posting this 😉

Thanks, CHINA!

Edited by Glockster1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Glockster1 said:

As of 4-18-2020 The only ones left with pistol bullets products to sell that I've seen are the coated bullet companies. And they have raised their prices a bit they say due to the prices for lead skyrocketing during this man-made virus "pandemic".  However, I did hoard Lol a TON of bullets from my favorite coated bullet company before posting this 😉

Thanks, CHINA!

1. There are plenty of full metal bullets available.
2. Lead prices are the lowest in 4 years.
3. Thanks for hoarding.

Edited by lll Otto lll

Well, just out of curiosity I looked around. There are plenty that are Out of Stock. 

Berry's - Out of Stock

Everglades - Out of Stock

Midway - Out of stock

RMR - Out of Stock

Acme - Out of Stock

YES. Lead metal trade value stock market price is definitely down due to COV-19, but the lead foundries are raising prices is what I'm hearing. And truck shipping companies are doing the same.

Edited by Glockster1

I ordered a case of 150 gr 9mm from Precision Bullets on 4/11/20.  Order status currently shows "On Hold".  Home page of their web site states, "Due to increased order volume and demand, we are anticipating shipping delays of 2+ weeks."Due to increased order volume and demand, we are anticipating shipping delays of 2+ weeks.

Soon as people panic-bought all the ammo, the ammo makers bought up tons of components to make more.

Add in reloaders panic-buying components because they are drying up and here we are...

It's like its an election-year or something.

How many of these bullet companies have been forced closed by State shutdowns? For example, I've been emailing Ibejiheads for a week now, no response. They are located in NJ, which shut down everything. And I'm friendly with the owner as he shoots some of our local matches. But they are silent. So expect supplies to dwindle, or stop, depending where they are located.

The point is.

If you are competition shooter or shoot on regular basis, you need to have good amount of components for at least Two-Three shooting seasons including training.

This is just my personal opinion. Dont get caught by panic buys or any other events.

In our case I dont think this is Hoarding, but just being prepared.

If you are late and running out.... There are many bullets that are available and in stock. Stock up.

Brass.... well I Started shooting 9 Major so I DONT have to pick up my brass.... But I am back to picking. 

Powder is still plenty, but Primers getting harder to buy.

Btw, just heard back from Alex, of Ibejiheads.

Bob, sorry, i just saw your previous message. Yes were operating. Were actually slammed right now, everyone wants their bullets ASAP. LOL. Let me know ahead of time so i can get it started if its not in stock.

Im in the frontline fighting this virus in my other job but so far so good...….

So good to know they're still working, and I commend him for his other work fighting this virus.

I have orders out with several of the PC bullet companies. Going on about 4 weeks with SnS, Blue Bullets, and Missouri Bullets.  BBI got my order out pretty quickly, been shooting their stuff over the last few weeks.  Got bullet casting stuff on the way, so I can make my own PC bullets, not wanting to get caught like this again. Now, if I could just get small pistol primers....:p

Been shooting the .45 a lot more, just because it can use large pistol primers, that are still pretty available. 

Not sure were Op(Glockster1) is getting his info but just ordered bullet alloy .

lowest price Ive payed in 3 years. shipping no issue.

adding the       tin i ordered was the highest ive ever paid.

Edited by AHI

Stocked up on primers and powder already, but have been waiting on a sale before placing a massive order for some 9mm JHP's from Precision Delta. Probably going to be waiting until July 4th at this rate... I guess its somewhat of a gamble, but from what I've read with regard to past shortages/periods of panic buying, bullets were usually the last to dry up in terms of supply.

I got an email from J-Ames BULLETS two hours ago and they said they finally got a truck shipment of raw materials in today, so the 12,950 45ACP bullets I ordered today should  be in the making tomorrow morning 🙂 Woohoo!  

And I just bought a plate rack and some static steel targets from MGM!!

I am sure this has been answered probably a couple of times somewhere in this forum.  I did a quick search and could not find any Info through the search function.  I cannot find any normal small pistol Primers.  I purchased some Small Pistol Magnum primers and plan to run some batches of ammo using that.  Practice ammo mostly.  I was planning on dropping about 0.2 grains from my current 9mm load and work up.  Was wondering if anyone else has done this and what to expect.   Thank you in advance.