Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Light strike

JakeG

Hello all normally I load with Winchester  primers and when the plague hit I got some cci’s I know the are a little harder! 
I changed the hammer spring when I tuned my tanfo if I put the factory hammer spring in would that help not to get light strikes! It’s just on my practice ammo! All my match ammo have Winchester’s in them but not a match in sight!!

thanks for any input!

I've used CCI primers in my 2011s for years.  No problem until last season. Wonder if CCI changed something.  Anyway, short answer is yes.  But you can install an extended firing pin.  That may clear the issue even with the lightened hammer spring. 

1 hour ago, JakeG said:

Hello all normally I load with Winchester  primers and when the plague hit I got some cci’s I know the are a little harder! 
I changed the hammer spring when I tuned my tanfo if I put the factory hammer spring in would that help not to get light strikes! It’s just on my practice ammo! All my match ammo have Winchester’s in them but not a match in sight!!

thanks for any input!

The Tanfo is a totally different beast than a 2011.

Depending on what's done to the Tanfo, properly seated and stock spring will touch off CCI.

Again depending on what's done to your Tanfo.

• 4 months later...
10 hours ago, N7VY said:

Primer seat depth, 14lb hammer spring and extended firing pin are the solutions. I shoot cci’s only and this is what I had to do To have it fire consistently.  

Sounds like work arounds for a poorly done trigger.  Try a 18 or 19 lb spring and you won't have any problems.  If you're concerned about a light trigger pull weight, a good gunsmith can get you a sub-2 lb trigger with 18 or 19 lb spring.  It will be 100% reliable and will feel a lot better than with a lighter mainspring.