Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Questions for BUG shooters

matteekay

I've been toying with making BUG my backup division (I typically shoot ESR). I was just wondering what everyone is running in terms of guns and ammo? 95 PF is hysterically low compared to what I usually shoot, but it looks like most factory .380 won't even do that. Do most folks shoot 9mm?

4 hours ago, Gary Stevens said:

I have a Kimber micro 9 esy and love it. 

Oh, that's a nice looking shooter. I'd picked up the even-smaller version (Sig P238) and I feel like it's just a little too small. The Micro 9 looks like it hits the sweet spot. I think I'm going with a 9mm if I seriously consider BUG anyhow - way more flexibility in load development. 

4 hours ago, matteekay said:

Oh, that's a nice looking shooter. I'd picked up the even-smaller version (Sig P238) and I feel like it's just a little too small. The Micro 9 looks like it hits the sweet spot. I think I'm going with a 9mm if I seriously consider BUG anyhow - way more flexibility in load development. 

My only small complaint is mine had a really stiff trigger. My friend who bought one the same week has a great trigger on his. Luck of the draw I guess. I changed a couple of springs and now it is not bad.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I run a Glock 26 with the 147 gr loads i use in the full size guns.   Runs flat with the stock recoil spring..The load in full size guns run 130-133 pf, but haven't chronicled in the 26.

• 5 months later...