Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CHPWS RMR/SRO Mounting Plate for X5 Legion, M18, M17

Michael303

Since there was so much interest 😉 I figured I'd follow up with some pics and feedback.

The fit was tight.  I pressed the plate into the slide with my vise.  I wouldn't say it was too tight though but close.

I like that the plate is thin but still provides plenty of contact points to support the optic as it cycles.  It's just over 2 mm thick which is half as thick as my Springer plate.

I still might try to get my hands on one of the new Legion slides now that they're including RMR/SRO/Holosun mounting holes but I like this more than the Springer plate.

IMG_20200423_175250.jpg

IMG_20200423_142819.jpg

IMG_20200423_142856.jpg

37 minutes ago, sheepdog566 said:

Sig legion slides with rmr mounting footprint ??? Who’s making this

‘X5 legions made after February, now have an extra set of holes that fit the rmr pattern. 

Edited by Rich406

‘X5 legions made after February, now have an extra set of holes that fit the rmr pattern. 

I had no idea of this until I read this thread. My legion has a build date of feb12, 2020.

Just pulled the DPP off the legion and an RMR from another gun to check and it worked!

Hoping to get an SRO soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 4/25/2020 at 8:10 PM, Michael303 said:

I wish I knew that change was coming. I would have waited another month. 

Just took the plate off mine and it has 2 sets of screw holes. Didn't even realize it 

Edited by MaddHatter

2 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

Or maybe they’d drill and tap it for the RMR for ya????? Worst they can say is no.

If they add the RMR holes to the procut slides I'll pick one up and sell the original.  Or maybe go aftermarket.  Someone on Reddit said they called Sig and got shot down.

I'm guessing they changed the milling on the underside of the slide because there's a pocket milled right where the RMR would go in mine and it doesn't look like it's thick enough to get good thread engagement.

1 hour ago, jliew08 said:

Here’s my slide from factory and with an RMR.

Can you post a picture of the underside of the slide?

Edited by Michael303

On 4/26/2020 at 9:53 AM, jliew08 said:

Here’s my slide from factory and with an RMR.

3ef5269bb20d0b38ed98016254b7ed7c.plist98707124865ac8385f659efb3dbdeb3b.plist

Question for you; Did you use the screws that came with your optic? I have an SRO i'd like to mount but the screws seem really tight and don't want to strip them out. Thanks!

I have been using slide mounted RDS since 1995-6 ish ... just adding threaded holes with out any other stability is a recipe for RMR/SRO optic failure.. the slide cut contacts the DPP / R1Pro stabilizes the optic front to rear, and reduces the load on the screws that is why i didn't install the shroud on my R1P as it raised the optic up and reduced contact front and rear with the slide cut out.. 

Edited by 2011BLDR

5 hours ago, RMorenoUSA said:

Yea, someone mentioned this to me the other day.  A couple of things about mounting optics directly to the slide is that some have a theory that the direct mount batters the optic more?  I don't know if this is truly the case but it will be interesting moving forward to see the durability of direct mounted optics.  Some believe the adapter plate allows some shock protection for the optic, like a buffer. 

Thanks for the picture with the RMR mounted on there.  I am fairly certain that an SRO would hang over the injection port when directly mounted.  I run an SRO on a Springer Precision adapter plate.  The SRO would hang over the port slightly but it did not cause malfunctions.  The optic hanging over also minimized the amount of powder build up onto the glass of the optic.  I am curious how much powder will build up on the RMR and the SRO when mounted directly to the new slides.

Thanks for the reply. It just so happened, while waiting for the SRO to come in I ordered a SP mounting plate, the one that allows it to sit back on the slide, further away from the breech. I have it all install and freaking love it. I feel better now with the plate installed, given the plate is secure on three sides and the optic is mounted on the provided lugs.

4 hours ago, 2011BLDR said:

I have been using slide mounted RDS since 1995-6 ish ... just adding threaded holes with out any other stability is a recipe for RMR/SRO optic failure.. the slide cut contacts the DPP / R1Pro stabilizes the optic front to rear, and reduces the load on the screws that is why i didn't install the shroud on my R1P as it raised the optic up and reduced contact front and rear with the slide cut out.. 

I have heard that theory before and I have heard the plates act as a shock absorber.  I used to shoot a Stock II with the slide milled for a Venom and 8k rounds without a failure which hardly evidence that is superior, but certainly doesn’t contradict it.  I ended up using the shroud on my R1 Pro, but your post is certainly making me reconsider.  I also like the idea of getting the optic as close to bore height as possible.  How many rounds do you have on your R1 Pro with that setup?