Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon RL1050 CNC Tool Head

On 4/16/2020 at 8:07 PM, cbrussell said:

I was looking for a CNC Tool Head for my Dillon RL1050. It seems the one produced by CNC Shooter is out of stock. Anyone know of a place to purchase one or is anyone else making a similar one?

If you are talking about these guys: https://immortobot.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_24&products_id=229&zenid=bss5cf8jcdndvlu2124av5c771

I ordered about a month ago after seeing the same "out of stock".

However if you put it in your basket you will see that backorder is ok.

I did so and it was shipped within a week.

I don't know if that is typical or they just happened to have one lying around.

That is good to know. I sent them an email to see if their toolhead would fit my Dillon RL1050 without having to make any modifications. It seems like a quality product.

As an aside; their processed brass seems to be reasonably priced as well.

I don't understand what this item ($250) does that a Dillon stock cast tool head ($209) doesn't - other than look pretty.  Does it have some advantage.?  Someone please educate me.

cnc1050.jpg

20420-super-1050-toolhead.jpg

Edited by GDIS46

2 hours ago, GDIS46 said:

I don't understand what this item ($250) does that a Dillon stock cast tool head ($209) doesn't - other than look pretty.  Does it have some advantage.?  Someone please educate me.

cnc1050.jpg

20420-super-1050-toolhead.jpg

What got me to try one was the thread die spot over priming station... upon testing on a few things, I realized it wasn’t so useful. I forget all the issues I had with it. Some die didn’t fit in that spot which was annoying - don’t recall which ones. Also, I believe a die their causes a problem for Mark 7 bullet sensor mirror. 

I just remember the first time i used it, it mangled up my Inline Fab case feed stop and pissed me off. 

but as you said, it is nicer looking. 😎

Edited by DJRyan13

I've got a Lee Universal Expander die with a 9mm  MBF powder funnel over the priming station. 

It's worked fine for me. Nice to be able to keep the flaring operation independent of the powder drop.

All I can say is that particular die fits ok.