Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3D Printed bullet feeders

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 12:18 AM, Czgunsalot said:

KB og feeders are best bang for your buck.

im at 12k of 9mm no issues

This, several years with the original by Karl, near 10K rounds made.

On the Cast Boolits forum, there's a thread about 3d printed case and bullet collators. The STL files and instructions are available there. I've printed both the Case and Bullet collators and they work well. Adjustments are critical, just like with the commercially available ones. I'd suggest that for anyone who likes to tinker with mechanical things, both the 3d printer and the printed collators are fun. For those that aren't tinkerers, I'd suggest sticking with the commercial ones.

By the way, message me if anyone wants a bit more detailed info.

Edited by bigeric

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 11:14 AM, JDIllon said:

I have been using a 3D printed bullet feeder for years on my 1050 Dillon setup for 9mm. Total cost about $200.00

P1010307.JPG

181015_045937_4.jpeg

Where can I get that spring?  A buddy printed me one and I am missing that spring  on the little arm 

• 1 year later...

To anyone looking for the files just search "home free bullet feeder" and click on the downloads link in the cast boolits forum. The home free design is better than any of the others out there by a long shot, go with that one. 

On 7/24/2022 at 2:53 AM, chgofirefighter said:

Spend the money and get a DAA feeder.  Remember you get what you've paid for~!  Don't go cheap, buy once and lastly, cry once! 

My 3D printed feeder runs flawlessly and cost 1/10th a DAA feeder. Is the DAA feeder objectively better? Probably. Is it 450 dollars better? no lol 

If you're a DIY person and like undertaking projects, 3D printed bullet/ case feeders are the way to go. I'd even argue it's worth investing in a 3D printer for 150 bucks just to make the feeders. You can realistically make a case AND bullet feeder for ~250 bucks including the cost of the printer and filament. Not to mention all of the other competitive shooting/ reloading related items a printer will be able to make for you. 

But if you're not someone who likes to tinker and would rather spend the money, sure, spend 800+ on a case and bullet feeder 

On 7/24/2022 at 7:22 AM, upjeeper said:

have you have problems with other feeders?

Yup, had the 3D version from the individual on FB that sells them... I sold it after not liking it, besides its generic plastic regardless of the savings it's simply not worth my investment due to the fact that I prefer to get the real thing.  Buy once, cry once be done~  Eventually you get what you've paid for!  

14 hours ago, chgofirefighter said:

Yup, had the 3D version from the individual on FB that sells them... I sold it after not liking it, besides its generic plastic regardless of the savings it's simply not worth my investment due to the fact that I prefer to get the real thing.  Buy once, cry once be done~  Eventually you get what you've paid for!  

You bought it from someone, instead of making it yourself. That defeats the entire purpose of a 3D printed part!

7 hours ago, CC3D said:

You bought it from someone, instead of making it yourself. That defeats the entire purpose of a 3D printed part!

Why would I try to make it myself if I don't have a 3D printing machine?  It does "NOT" defeat the purpose, have you ever heard of buying a product that was made by someone else? Especially a well known maker of 3D parts? Personally, I prefer to pay the money and get the real thing.  There's absolutely no sense in being frugal in this game...

It sounds like you got the ammo mike feeder or similar. Far better designs are out there now optimized for printing. Being able to make parts on demand for cheap is the benefit to 3D printing- buying 3D printed things from others defeats this purpose. If a part of my "generic plastic" feeder happens to fail, I can instantly make another. Not everyone is willing to tinker and would rather spend the money, thats fine.  But if you really cant see how making a perfectly functional item for 50 dollars versus buying it for 500 isn't beneficial, idk what else to say. 

Edited by CC3D

ok a third take...

to show I am 'serious' about feeders.

this thread has a couple photos of my own feeder...

the orange and MDF one near the bottom...

It takes some time and dedication to learn 3d printing.

And there is a market for buy/sell of any gizmo. 

I am a big proponent of home made...

The problem is your gizmo may look very home made.

As much as it saddens me to say it,

there is room for wanting a sharp looking gizmo.

Gotta add a feeder made from all the same color

would be a lot tighter than my effort. 

miranda