Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 508T or wait for 509T


Luegrx
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't think the 509 window is any bigger than the 508 so the difference doesn't really give you anything beneficial for carry optics.  Save your money if choosing between those two.  

 

Can't go wrong with the SRO though if it's in your budget.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been looking at the 508T for the same role (on a multi-purpose G45).  I also don't think there's enough of a difference between that and the 509T but I like the smaller form factor of the 508T.  There is a tiny difference in window size (.66x.90 for the 509t and .63x.91 for the 508t) but as Michael303 said not really significant.  I've actually thought about buying a used 407 or 507 first to see if I like it before committing to the 508t, especially now with the price increase of the V2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2020 at 1:37 PM, cjmill87 said:

I've been looking at the 508T for the same role (on a multi-purpose G45).  I also don't think there's enough of a difference between that and the 509T but I like the smaller form factor of the 508T.  There is a tiny difference in window size (.66x.90 for the 509t and .63x.91 for the 508t) but as Michael303 said not really significant.  I've actually thought about buying a used 407 or 507 first to see if I like it before committing to the 508t, especially now with the price increase of the V2.

Thanks for the clarification.  I assumed they were the same but I'd agree the size difference is negligible.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 509t uses a completely different mounting system, so make sure that would work for you first.

 

I’m a fan of the 507/508 circle dot reticle, and the 507 has been surprisingly reliable.  It would be great if they made one that was SRO size, but given the current choices the reticle is more important to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2020 at 5:37 AM, CharlieD said:

The 509t uses a completely different mounting system, so make sure that would work for you first.

 

I’m a fan of the 507/508 circle dot reticle, and the 507 has been surprisingly reliable.  It would be great if they made one that was SRO size, but given the current choices the reticle is more important to me.

Do you use the circle, dot, or both?  I agree they should make a larger competition oriented option to compete with the SRO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Michael303 said:

Do you use the circle, dot, or both?  I agree they should make a larger competition oriented option to compete with the SRO.

I use both.  The circle makes tracking in recoil very easy.  At 10 yards the circle only covers half the width of the A zone, so it’s pretty useable, and the dot is there for tighter shots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a 508t in green.  Bought this for my carry-optics Sig, after really liking the HS510c on my rimfire pistol. Having both the circle and the dot on seems to help me acquire a sight picture much faster than just a dot. On closer targets, just getting the circle on there " somewhere" and going bang is very fast, and accurate enough. On harder targets, the dot lets me be more precise. I do like the huge window on the 510c, but that only works on the rimfire pistol, because it has a weaver rail that doesn't move with the bolt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally hate the 32 MOA ring. I find it distracting. You can pick up a 407C V2 which just has the 2MOA dot for around $230.00. 
They also make the 407 with just an 8 MOA circle ⭕️. Not sure if I would like that either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2020 at 7:41 PM, Michael303 said:

Do you use the circle, dot, or both?  I agree they should make a larger competition oriented option to compete with the SRO.

 

The circle makes it easier to pick up the dot if you're not used to using the sight.  If you see the bottom of the circle, tilt up the nose, etc.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2020 at 7:15 PM, BASE772 said:

I personally hate the 32 MOA ring. I find it distracting. You can pick up a 407C V2 which just has the 2MOA dot for around $230.00. 
They also make the 407 with just an 8 MOA circle ⭕️. Not sure if I would like that either. 

I 100% agree with all of this. I find the circle distracting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, AZ1911 said:

I 100% agree with all of this. I find the circle distracting. 

 

The nice thing about the 508 is that if you don't like the circle, you can just turn it off.  I tend to use the circle/dot for USPSA and just the dot for Steel Challenge.  Not exactly sure why, but I seem to like it like that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2020 at 10:15 PM, BASE772 said:

I personally hate the 32 MOA ring. I find it distracting. You can pick up a 407C V2 which just has the 2MOA dot for around $230.00. 
They also make the 407 with just an 8 MOA circle ⭕️. Not sure if I would like that either. 

 

This is the way I went, 407 is the same dot only cheaper because it has less options I don't want anyway lol. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...