Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr bullet feeder on 650

Haven't tried coated yet still burning though Xtreme stuff. But worked great on a couple 9 weights all rn. And works great on 223 55gr fmj. Just takes a bit of tuning for each new profile. Not bad

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I just recently got mine, and haven't loaded a lot with it yet (around 50 rounds), but in my test with running bullets through when setting up it seemed to run 125 gr blue bullets through it just fine. I probably ran a few hundred through it during testing.

I have mine set up for 9mm 147 gr RN Blue Bullets, works great. Ran a bunch of Montana Gold 125 HP, would every so often drop a bullet upside down, so you need to tweak the collator for each different bullet. I just watch, if a bullet came in upside down I flipped it over before seating it.

Coated and an MBF for at least 20,000 on a 650 over here. The MBF doesn’t care if they’re coated or jacketed/plated or lead.

You’ll need to make adjustments to correctly feed different lengths and diameters and nose profiles, but that’s to be expected. 

An MBF is not suited to someone who loads small batches of various bullets. It’s ideal for someone who loads thosunds of one bullet, switches calibers or bullet weights, and repeats.

I loaded 9mm exclusively although I upgraded to a 1050, and I change bullets perhaps once a year - I’m working through an order of 10,000 147gr bluebullets right now. I love the thing.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I've run about 4000 125 gr Gallant RN coated 9mm rounds through my MBF. I haven't had a single upside down bullet since I set it up. 

From set up I used a separate standalone mount (Range Panda) mounted on 3/4" black pipe. So the collator was mounted at exactly 45 degrees. Once I got the shim plates and ramp dialed in for my bullet profile, it has been boringly reliable.  

(Dialing in the dropper die was a bit more involved, but not unreasonable. And since I got it set up, it's been great too.) 

I’ve loaded over 5000 125g 9mm coated SNS bullets. I’ve had 4 or 5 upside down rounds but it’s easy to see and remedy. This is the best upgrade I’ve done to my Dillon 650, the primer stop was the second best upgrade 🤓.