Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you clean your clear plastic powder measure?

90% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol worked pretty good for me, although it doesn't get every bit of the stain off.  It's helpful to do it regularly. 

Dramworx makes a great hopper.  I have two. 

Edited by teros135

10 minutes ago, Atlasguy321 said:

Mine is getting so bad that I can’t see how much powder I have left. 

If it is getting that bad, I would go with the pyrex hopper a few others mentioned. Seems like that's always going to be a never ending battle if the powder used eats it up that much.

I misread the title/first post, I thought we were talking about the case feeder tube for some reason. 

I’ve never felt the need to clean the powder measure hopper and I would probably just replace it with a glass one if I felt it was needed. 

I would recommend only replacing it, trying to clean it is not worth it IMHO. I have one that is 10 years old and will replace it once I can not see through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I replaced my plastic (Hornady) with a glass one and I love it.

But if you really want to spend the time any good plastic polish should work, look for headlight restoration products.

Edited by Tunachaser

I have a discolored used one and a new one.  The new one seems to have issues with powder clinging to the sides due to static.  The old one never does..  As long as I can see thru it I'll keep using the old one..

23 minutes ago, NoSteel said:

I have a discolored used one and a new one.  The new one seems to have issues with powder clinging to the sides due to static.  The old one never does..  As long as I can see thru it I'll keep using the old one..

Whenever you're not using it leave new dryer sheets in it. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, 99mpower said:

I dont... remove that garbage plastic, and get the pyrex hoppers from DramWorx

+1, on Dramworx Pyrex Hoppers.  Hopper is always clean.

If you decide to clean be careful, many solvents cloud or even eat the plastic. 

Edited by Boomstick303

The only one I have an issue with is filled with Titegroup.  All my other powders don't stain the hopper.  How much loading are you doing?  I can fill the hopper and load several thousand rounds, so I just leave it.  It's been that way for over 10 years.  If it bothers you that bad, clean it and just dump the powder back into the bottle after you are done loading.