Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats the best 3 gun scope to get currently and why?

gondo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/23/2020 at 8:49 PM, TonytheTiger said:

The C-More C3 is on sale for the weekend. $800, so just over $300 shipped if you use the $500 off discount code.

Where can I get it for that price? Please let me know if there's a code or what website 

7 minutes ago, Shmella said:

the discount code is an error. they message you saying it is an error and they wont process the order.

They will if you agree to their compromise price of $599, by responding "CONTINUE"

Since the C3 is likely to be better than the Vortex PST2 1-6, probably worth the somewhat discounted price.

Sorry for the thread derailment.

11 minutes ago, Desk-Jockey said:

if the price is the same between the vortex pst g2 1-6 and then c-more c3, which would you choose?

C3. The C3 I ordered is replacing a PST. Glass is close enough not to matter, dot is brighter on the PST. In all other aspects the C3 wins. Its lighter, scope tube almost disappears as well as the Razor, eye box is noticeably more flexible, eye relief is more consistent from min. to max magnification, and even though the PST has a bigger FOV on paper it doesn't appear that way in real life. Last but not least, the C3 reticle kicks PST ass beyond 300 yards when the wind picks up.

I think C More really missed a chance here. This scope is not commonly used in 3 gun but actually fills a nice void in the market between the viper and the razor. They could have used this opportunity to get their product out in the hands of people who would likely influence others to purchase it, potentially making a big move long term. 

The scope is worth $800 and definately worth $600. What holds me back is their lack of full warranty, which is more or less standard now for scope companies, thanks to Vortex. I wanted this C More to upgrade my wife's 3 Gun scope. But for $600 I will buy a less good scope that I know will be replaced when she throws a shotgun into it in a dump barrel. That's the game we play. 

I intend to tell C More my expert opinion on this subject. Maybe they will hire me to be their vice president of marketing. Then I can get an employee discount! 

9 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

C3. The C3 I ordered is replacing a PST. Glass is close enough not to matter, dot is brighter on the PST. In all other aspects the C3 wins. Its lighter, scope tube almost disappears as well as the Razor, eye box is noticeably more flexible, eye relief is more consistent from min. to max magnification, and even though the PST has a bigger FOV on paper it doesn't appear that way in real life. Last but not least, the C3 reticle kicks PST ass beyond 300 yards when the wind picks up.

thanks.    I have the option to pick one up but I can also get a vortex pretty close to that price.  At $300 it was a no brainer.    For pretty close to the price of the vortex, I am struggling with the warranty and the unknown factor.   C-more is great for red dots but practical no where in magnified optics.  

8 hours ago, Blockader said:

I intend to tell C More my expert opinion on this subject. Maybe they will hire me to be their vice president of marketing. Then I can get an employee discount! 

I don't think they have a marketing team, which is the biggest flaw of this scope. Its unknown. I thought the crazy price was going to be the one and only attempt they've made at marketing this thing!

I asked Cmore about their warranty and they said its the same as Vortex. Not sure what that means, but suspect they will repair a defective scope at any point but may not replace for free if scope suffered severe trauma, user induced. 

Agree they should have taken the loss on the scopes ordered during the holiday weekend, but at least we are getting the scope at around Cmore's cost basis.

Mark

So got my C3 and the only similar optic I have is the Burris RT-6, which is a $250 scope. Glass and image quality are close, which means either the Phillipino scope hits above its cost basis or the Japanese glass in the C3 is not the highest grade available. Or maybe both are true.

The reticle brightness is imho daylight bright on the highest setting. Looking at bright sky, at a spot close to noon sun, red dot is obviously red not black like the RT6. Maybe not "nuclear" like a Razor, but seems more than adequate. Eyebox is more forgiving on 6X than RT-6  and weight difference,  4.6 oz is noticeable. Interestingly the red spillage I noticed indoors on illumination settings greater than 8 are absent outdoors. Magnification ring is easier to turn than on RT-6, will be really easy once a switch view lever arrives. Included scope end covers are nice, like a bikini only see through.

Comparison not up to Tony the Tiger's standards but my equipment matches my skill level, namely low 🤔

Well, maybe that will change with the scope upgrade!

Mark

Kahles K18 might be king if you don't have a budget. The K16 is freaking phenomenal and I love the reticle to death. The K18 has clearer glass to my eye and the Kahles illumination goes to a blinding "11". 

I still think the Trijicon 1-8 is the best value and I personally loved the FFP. Vortex 1-6's should be a stupendous value at the moment with everyone dropping their 1-6's for the 1-10's. The 1-6 wont hold you back at all and it's a very well made scope. 

On 4/18/2020 at 2:24 AM, Frankly said:

$600 Vortex Viper II or Steiner 

$1200 Vortex 1-6 Razor or close competitor for less

$1800 Vortex 1-10 Razor 

$3000 Kahles 

Isn't it that simple? Decide how much money you can budget and get the best value at each price point. 

Skip the Viper

I bought 2, on the 2nd the illumination doesnt work, right out of the box.

When a company is known for their warranty, there is a hidden message here...