Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whats the best 3 gun scope to get currently and why?

gondo

22 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

I love mine. I wish the dot was Razor bright but thats my only complaint. I rank it between the PST gen 2 and Razor, but leaning closer to the Razor. For $815 its a hell of a scope.

I thought about this scope, I don't like uncapped turrets, not for a scope with a BDC reticle.  There are a few "comedians" that play games. 2 friends that have run uncapped turrets have had their zero wander a hell of a lot. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Dan Sierpina said:

I thought about this scope, I don't like uncapped turrets, not for a scope with a BDC reticle.  There are a few "comedians" that play games. 2 friends that have run uncapped turrets have had their zero wander a hell of a lot. 

They are locking turrets, which prevents accidents. Might not defend against hooligans though.

5 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

They are locking turrets, which prevents accidents. Might not defend against hooligans though.

The lock is simply pull the turret up, then turn?  Both friends had guns in racks when the "mishap" occurred. 

Got my razor 1-10, shot it back to back with my ATACR and Kahles. Short fast medium distance matches out to say 300 I will run the Kahles, if I have to reach out it will be the new Vortex from now on. The Nightforce is too tight in the eyebox and fov for my taste.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:52 PM, inertia said:

Got my razor 1-10, shot it back to back with my ATACR and Kahles. Short fast medium distance matches out to say 300 I will run the Kahles, if I have to reach out it will be the new Vortex from now on. The Nightforce is too tight in the eyebox and fov for my taste.

How's the eyebox/FOV vs the Kahles/Swaro?

If you're beyond 300, it seems like running the Kahles/Swaro at the full 8x with SFP wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Edited by avastcosmicarena

Nothing has fov like the Kahles and Swaros do and neither does the Vortex but its a ffp scope and I just prefer to run ffp on anything where I need to go past 6x. Also my kahles is the 1-6 I don't know if anyone has the new 1-8 yet. The small light kahles is great for most matches since I like a light rifle. Just all personal preference thats why I dropped $3k on the nightforce that ended up being a bit of a letdow.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:51 PM, Dan Sierpina said:

Both friends had guns in racks when the "mishap" occurred.

guns in racks are like strippers: okay to look but NO TOUCHING!!!  Someone needs to get their hand smacked for that tom foolery

that said, I run the Trijicon 1-8.  I like it, but it's heavy.  Price wise though I think there is an argument that it finds a sweet spot at under 875 for an FFP illuminated scope.  There are nicer scopes, and cheaper scopes, but the accupower had the balance I was looking for.  though, if I had more funds, I'd go for the vortex 1-10...

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, NOSHMJ said:

Look at the Sig Tango 6 3gun hellfire.  Thing is a beauty.  Crystal clear glass with a red dot center.

The Sig is discontinued though still available @ Brownells for $870, close in price to the C2 from Cmore. Both are 

Japanese glass, no idea if one is better than the other. Suspect Tony the Tiger knows.

Mark

On 5/16/2020 at 11:35 AM, mpom said:

The Sig is discontinued though still available @ Brownells for $870, close in price to the C2 from Cmore. Both are 

Japanese glass, no idea if one is better than the other. Suspect Tony the Tiger knows.

Mark

Only looked through one briefly. Eyebox and reticle were a no-go for me, didn't get as far as comparing glass quality.

On 4/21/2020 at 7:36 PM, TonytheTiger said:

I love mine. I wish the dot was Razor bright but thats my only complaint. I rank it between the PST gen 2 and Razor, but leaning closer to the Razor. For $815 its a hell of a scope.

Where can I find a CMore for $815? I would be all over one at that price to replace my MTAC! Their site has them listed for $1300

I know Tony had some interest early on, but anyone using Meopta Optika 1-6 SFP or FFP .223 illuminated reticle, I've heard both are options now. Or the Meopta R2 1-6 with BDC 3 reticle? I think most will agree if you're gonna spend the the money get the Razor Gen 2 E or Gen 3, but what's second best for a few hundred less?

Best? It doesn't exist.

All scopes are a compromise in some respect. You need to prioritize what's most important to you and pick one, shoot it till you can't get it wrong and stick with it. Proficiency trumps any feature mentioned on any of the scopes in this thread. 6X, 8X, 10X no difference if you know how to use it. Kahle, Swarovski, Vortex, Leupold, etc etc,,, all clear enough for the task.

The reticle is the single most important feature of my scope choice. Time and experience  dictated what reticle works best for me. 

14 hours ago, lwink said:

I know Tony had some interest early on, but anyone using Meopta Optika 1-6 SFP or FFP .223 illuminated reticle, I've heard both are options now. Or the Meopta R2 1-6 with BDC 3 reticle? I think most will agree if you're gonna spend the the money get the Razor Gen 2 E or Gen 3, but what's second best for a few hundred less?

Also was interested in Optika 1-6, but read somewhere that while glass was very good, reticle was not "daylight bright". 

Mark

11 hours ago, mpeltier said:

Best? It doesn't exist.

All scopes are a compromise in some respect. You need to prioritize what's most important to you and pick one, shoot it till you can't get it wrong and stick with it. Proficiency trumps any feature mentioned on any of the scopes in this thread. 6X, 8X, 10X no difference if you know how to use it. Kahle, Swarovski, Vortex, Leupold, etc etc,,, all clear enough for the task.

The reticle is the single most important feature of my scope choice. Time and experience  dictated what reticle works best for me. 

Well said.

8 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

The C-More C3 is on sale for the weekend. $800, so just over $300 shipped if you use the $500 off discount code.

Tony do you have a link to the code? I could use another one.