Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO mag angle

ohsevenflhx

Magazines placement must be behind hips, but can they be at different angles? I notice that production magazines are straight up and down and the same angle. I use 20 round magazines so I only carry 2 magazines, but I would like to adjust the magazine to a better angle.

1 minute ago, aandabooks said:

What angle would you be thinking?  Tilted to the back?  

I'm not sure yet. They are straight up right now, but my arm feels like it's at a weird angle to to grab the magazine. 

13 hours ago, ohsevenflhx said:

Magazines placement must be behind hips, but can they be at different angles? I notice that production magazines are straight up and down and the same angle. I use 20 round magazines so I only carry 2 magazines, but I would like to adjust the magazine to a better angle.

They are straight up and down to save space to get more mags on the belt. Production shooters go thru a lot of mags. You can angle them as said, but economy of motion is your friend. 

They are straight up and down to save space to get more mags on the belt. Production shooters go thru a lot of mags. You can angle them as said, but economy of motion is your friend. 
Most stages, you'll start loaded and reload 3 times. If mags #4, 5 &6 are further back to optimize 1-3 that's a trade-off I'll make all day.c7f9d8ba1c3245dc2ff911c390c2ae7f.jpg

--
Pat Jones
Firestone CO
USPSA #A79592

11 hours ago, pjb45 said:

It is the front of the hip bone, right?  Most CRO/ROs look at the top  mag holder not the bottom of the mag holder?

I assure you most national-level CRO/RO's are wise to angled mag pouches and will look at the furthest-forward point, wherever it is.

14 hours ago, shred said:

I assure you most national-level CRO/RO's are wise to angled mag pouches and will look at the furthest-forward point, wherever it is.

I agree with you, on the other hand I have seen a lot get away with it at Nationals.