Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lyman universal spring loaded decapping die

Guessing this is part of the die set Lyman is supposed to be making for M7 presses. 

I haven’t used the MA but I really like that FW Arms decap die...

Only issue I have with FW arms decap die is height which causes problems if running the Dillon trimmer on 550 press. 

Nice price point on this Lyman decap die. It’s only $15 more than the cheap crap one they sell. 

Got the die in, first off the machining and polishing are nice and the lock ring is the same size as Dillion’s. 
the decapping pin has a flat wire spring and wiggles a little, in use I found if the pin wasn’t perfectly line up with the flash hole, the decapping pin would walk its way into the flash hole and deprime the case

I ran around 300 cases thru it and it worked flawlessly 

Yeah, this is one of the dies from the new Pro Die sets they will be selling. They have some of the dies ready and In Stock now, but not all.

I really like the FW Arms decapper and swager hold down dies. I liked them so much that I got them for both 9mm and .223. The auto-centering feature of them is more designed to work with rifle brass, but they still work very well with 9mm.