Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr gullet feeder problems with 40

Before I took my feeder off it was working great. The bullets would seat into the case very snug and if you were to take the bullet off, it would take some force to get it to come off the case. This way it wouldn’t slide off as it rotated to the next section. 

I took my bullet feeder off to give to a buddy to use for a week and now I’m reinstalling it on my machine. Now the bullet is toppling over as it rotates and the bullet isn’t as tight in the case once the bullet is seated. 

ive messes with everything. The ball bearings in the die. The clip that’s at the top of the die. How much the die goes into the seating die. How much flair I have. What the f&$k am I doing wrong?!?

You are a good friend.  It took me quite a bit to get my bullet feeder tuned, so there is no way I'd take it off for a buddy!!  You're just gonna have to adjust it in small increments, to where it's only dropping one bullet and placing it far enough in the case to make you happy.  Did you load him your powder funnel too?  Mine came with a powder funnel that helps the case accept the bullet.

Sounds like the case isn't being flared enough for the bullet.  You can fix that by screwing the die further into the toolhead.  For the dropper part of the die, if the little bearings fell out, you need to replace those.  There are different sizes depending on caliber of the die, so make sure you have the right ones.

2 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

Sounds like the case isn't being flared enough for the bullet.  You can fix that by screwing the die further into the toolhead.  For the dropper part of the die, if the little bearings fell out, you need to replace those.  There are different sizes depending on caliber of the die, so make sure you have the right ones.

the case is Flared. I keep going back and forth on how big I make the flair  

Wow!  It was nice of you to loan your buddy you bullet feeder.  It took me a while to fine tune mine, so no way I would take it off again.  

To answer your original question...did anything else change on your press other than the bullet feeder?  It seems weird that it worked prior to removal and now it doesn't.. Did he change the BB's in the dropper die for a different caliber? 

8 minutes ago, stick said:

Wow!  It was nice of you to loan your buddy you bullet feeder.  It took me a while to fine tune mine, so no way I would take it off again.  

To answer your original question...did anything else change on your press other than the bullet feeder?  It seems weird that it worked prior to removal and now it doesn't.. Did he change the BB's in the dropper die for a different caliber? 

I am thinking the bb's may have been moved to a different point of release.   I find it helpful if the bullet drops with the full weight of the others (the bullets in the drop tube behind the one being loaded) on top of it to the flared case.  It kind of tamps it in.   When the bbs are set to just gently leave the bullet on top of the case as the tool head is starting to go back up, the bullets fall over for me.  

edit.  Would loan my wife to my buddy before one of my Mr. Bullet feeders   You're a good friend. 

Edited by helocat

10 minutes ago, helocat said:

I am thinking the bb's may have been moved to a different point of release.   I find it helpful if the bullet drops with the full weight of the others (the bullets in the drop tube behind the one being loaded) on top of it to the flared case.  It kind of tamps it in.   When the bbs are set to just gently leave the bullet on top of the case as the tool head is starting to go back up, the bullets fall over for me.  

edit.  Would loan my wife to my buddy before one of my Mr. Bullet feeders   You're a good friend. 

Yes he is!!

If you didn’t adjust your powder funnel, then the flare should be the same. Gotta be just the incremental up and down adjustment of the feeder die.

Love my bullet feeder, but I also am running to problems with the bullets getting stuck in the die itself and not falling through. Can’t figure it out.

1 hour ago, J_Allen said:

If you didn’t adjust your powder funnel, then the flare should be the same. Gotta be just the incremental up and down adjustment of the feeder die.

Love my bullet feeder, but I also am running to problems with the bullets getting stuck in the die itself and not falling through. Can’t figure it out.

There is a very fine line between working perfectly and not working at all.  There is another thread here that discusses at length the adjustments and mods available.  They are worth reading...

2 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

There is a very fine line between working perfectly and not working at all.  There is another thread here that discusses at length the adjustments and mods available.  They are worth reading...

Thanks, will look for it.

3 hours ago, Atlasguy321 said:

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

so on the powder funnel there’s a little ridge and that ridge wears out after so many loadings. 

So how many loadings on that powder funnel would you estimate you had on it before it wore out?

Thanks!