Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommendations on SS rig

Barry1945

I am wanting to shoot some SS uspsa events, once the covid allows us to. Mainly at my local club which has two matches a month and perhaps some others. I have a pretty nice 1911 which I love to shoot but I don’t have a competition holster etc and I’m looking for recommendations on what to buy. I’ve been researching and I’m liking the DAA system, but I’m not fixed in my views.

thanks

Barry

1 hour ago, TeedOff said:

My SS rig is a DAA belt, DAA single stack pouches bullets out and a red hill tactical double layer kydex holster on a dropped and offset mount. I run 6 mag pouches.

Would you buy the same holster again? What mount are you using? I have looked at the RHT package, it’s expensive, but what isn’t these days, also after ordering a package of $360 they want to charge $25 for priority shipping even though there’s a 30days wait! They could at

least include the shipping !

Thanks 

barry

Edited by Barry1945
Additional info

Yes I would do it exactly the same. My mount is similar to the BOSS mount, but made by a member here aandabooks. My RHT holster was a 30 day wait, but I like their holsters...have several for bother divisions.

I've had RHT not a fan boy of them,

DAA ok but not that much better

Couple of others

Honestly if I had to buy a new one today it would be a comptech or Bladetech on a Boss or similar hanger. FWIW 

I use a DAA belt plus the Racer SS pouches bullets-out (they're friggin awesome)

I have a magnet on the first pouch and the Barney mag is on a magnetic bullets-out DAA pouch in the back at six o' clock. 

And I use a DAA Race Master holster...  it works perfect for me. 

If you use the muzzle support then you eliminate all the play as well (which you most likely will have with a Race Master in combination with a 1911 rounded trigger guard)

So, being in the minority; I am a big fan of Safariland.  

I use the ELS systems for my mags and the QLS for SS, CO, Prod, L, L10 and Open.  

The holsters for Open and Limited needed some work but easy peasy.

I know the holster makers all support the sport but Safariland rocks in terms of what they give.

I use the ELS systems for my mags and the QLS for SS, CO, Prod, L, L10 and Open.  

I know the holster makers all support the sport but Safariland rocks in terms of what they give.

I choose the RHT holster because it’s a double layer of kydex ( and I could get a Betsy Ross print on it), the DAA mag holders because they are narrow so they can be spaced closure together, not having to reach around my hip so far. The belt? I’m sure most of the two piece belts are very similar.
My only issues are the price and long delivery times, do they only make one a day?
Baz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I choose the RHT holster because it’s a double layer of kydex ( and I could get a Betsy Ross print on it), the DAA mag holders because they are narrow so they can be spaced closure together, not having to reach around my hip so far. The belt? I’m sure most of the two piece belts are very similar.
My only issues are the price and long delivery times, do they only make one a day?
Baz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro