Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Covid Matches

rustychev

On 4/12/2020 at 6:44 PM, rustychev said:

Well it looks like people want to shot 25 people signed up in less then 12 hours for match thats still two weeks out.

Is that good for your area?  What’s the ridiculousness level for you in South Dakota for this stuff.  I can’t help but think if I wasn’t in a hot zone for this stuff I’d be more likely to try to get out 

Well the match sold out at 50.  Average summer match is 40-50 people so for us that is a very good match.  The ridiculousness has slowed down now that the smith field plat hot spot has stopped growing.  We have about 2250 total cases with over 1250 already recovered in a state of 750,000-800,000 people.

Edited by rustychev

In the last week I shot a 4 stage steel challenge, a five stage USPSA and another 5 stage USPSA match. All matches we run with the typical precautions of distancing, no shooters meeting, minimise line up at check in/pay, etc. All matches have been well attended as you can imagine.

One of our local clubs is opening up matches this weekend, so far 77 people signed up for a Steel Challenge match. They put out a statement with two main protocols, stay 6 feet away from each other and wear a mask. If not you may be asked to leave. I can't even imagine wearing a mask and being able to adhere to mask protocols (not touching, adjusting, etc) for 4 hours outside in Florida. Never mind that unless it's an N95 it's basically useless against this virus. Needless to say I will not be attending. 

12 minutes ago, promtcy said:

One of our local clubs is opening up matches this weekend, so far 77 people signed up for a Steel Challenge match. They put out a statement with two main protocols, stay 6 feet away from each other and wear a mask. If not you may be asked to leave. I can't even imagine wearing a mask and being able to adhere to mask protocols (not touching, adjusting, etc) for 4 hours outside in Florida. Never mind that unless it's an N95 it's basically useless against this virus. Needless to say I will not be attending. 

eddie.jpg

On 5/1/2020 at 2:03 PM, promtcy said:

Yeah, the mask is a big negative.  I'm not wearing one under any circumstances.

On 4/11/2020 at 12:11 AM, GJM said:

Many of us really miss matches, and my wife and I can’t wait to resume shooting them. However, we realize that without a current vaccine or effective treatment, and the current state of testing, social distancing is about all we have as an option. As a country we are spending 2 to 4 trillion on on social distancing, and jumping the gun and resuming competitions early violates the spirit if not the letter of the law. Dry fire, live fire practice, and talking about shooting in person and on the web will hold us until we get the make ready command. 

What you really mean is we're wasting 4 trillion on a placebo.

You and your wife can stay holed up.  We'll go shooting.

There's places in my state already hosting sporting clays tournaments even though all the USPSA MDs continue to wait.  I think it's time to dust off the ol Beretta 686.

53 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

What you really mean is we're wasting 4 trillion on a placebo.

You and your wife can stay holed up.  We'll go shooting.

There's places in my state already hosting sporting clays tournaments even though all the USPSA MDs continue to wait.  I think it's time to dust off the ol Beretta 686.

Not all of us we have had a match the last two weekends.  Both went well.

Our club in Florida held an 8 stage Steel Challenge match this past Saturday, the first match we've held in 6 weeks.  56 shooters in 7 squads.  Masks were optional.  We did hold a shooters brief before the match and were gratified that everybody kept their distance from each other (other than husbands and wives - to each other!).  We had a spray bottle of EPA/CDC approved disinfectant and a rag at each stage and asked shooters to spray the rag and wipe down the tablet and timer anytime they put it down or picked it up.  It was a beautiful day, the weather was perfect and the match went well.

On 5/4/2020 at 5:33 PM, mvmojo said:

Our club in Florida held an 8 stage Steel Challenge match this past Saturday, the first match we've held in 6 weeks.  56 shooters in 7 squads.  Masks were optional.  We did hold a shooters brief before the match and were gratified that everybody kept their distance from each other (other than husbands and wives - to each other!).  We had a spray bottle of EPA/CDC approved disinfectant and a rag at each stage and asked shooters to spray the rag and wipe down the tablet and timer anytime they put it down or picked it up.  It was a beautiful day, the weather was perfect and the match went well.

PMRPC? (I see on the website just now that they changed the wording to "strongly recommend that you wear a mask".)

So in Orange County Florida there is a mandatory mask policy when entering businesses. Some restaurants are open to operate at 25% capacity. You have to wear a mask. How does that work, how do you wear a mask and eat? Well this is what I was told, you wear it to enter, take it off to eat and then put it back on when done. 🤔

Edited by promtcy

• 1 month later...

I am Not wearing a mask, "They" Who? decided what I have to do with out martial law being decreed?

They want Bubble boy to run free and every one else protect him with restrictions?

I pass on any club/organization willing to be so led.

No one would have admitted to being so spineless 10 years ago.