Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Covid Matches

rustychev

So has anyone run a match in the last month?  Our first match opens for signup Sunday for a match date of 4-26-20.  

What we have come up with is

1 Squads of ten or less including 2 staff

2 prepay or exact change only.  Not making change will help prevent a line forming and I wont have to hand a lot of cash back and forth.

3 two staff one RO and one pad guy.  When one shoots the other dose both this way the pad dose not get handed to everyone.

4 No shooters meetings

Thoughts Ideas?  Have I lost my mind.  As I see it we are out side in groups of ten or less.

So has anyone run a match in the last month?  Our first match opens for signup Sunday for a match date of 4-26-20.  
What we have come up with is
1 Squads of ten or less including 2 staff
2 prepay or exact change only.  Not making change will help prevent a line forming and I wont have to hand a lot of cash back and forth.
3 two staff one RO and one pad guy.  When one shoots the other dose both this way the pad dose not get handed to everyone.
4 No shooters meetings

Thoughts Ideas?  Have I lost my mind.  As I see it we are out side in groups of ten or less.
I would just advise wearing masks and carrying hand sanitizer. Have people distance themselves but you should be fine

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well - most every state has a stay at home order in place, and the CDC has clearly requested that we don’t leave our homes if we don’t absolutely have to do so (like for a once weekly grocery run). So, you wouldn’t be following the requests and guidelines of our health officials and you would be risking the further spread of this virus.

The fact remains that you can be asymptomatic and shedding the virus (contagious). We would all love to be out shooting matches but I wouldn’t host one nor attend one at this point in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First that is a gross over simplification of what they are saying.  We are not under a stay at home order.

Second they are now saying "Essential Workers" that have been exposed can continue to work and just need to monitor them self for symptoms.  So why should I hide in my house when they guy at the store who was exposed last week is fine to do to work and touch my food but not for people to be outside in small groups of 10 or less per the CDC 

Third this thing ends 3 ways

1 Herd immunity 

2 Vaccine

3 We start it all over in a few months when all the lock down people come out and are exposed to one person that is still carrying it.

Just now, toothandnail said:

we have never stopped, Feb, 2 in March,  2 this month, 3 in May - a full season scheduled, don't plan on cutting any out.

What if anything have you changed about how your run your matches?

1 minute ago, rustychev said:

What if anything have you changed about how your run your matches?

Basically what you stated in your opening post. 
We have already had CV here, most people I talk to from all over the country agree, it's been here since Dec.

Many of us really miss matches, and my wife and I can’t wait to resume shooting them. However, we realize that without a current vaccine or effective treatment, and the current state of testing, social distancing is about all we have as an option. As a country we are spending 2 to 4 trillion on on social distancing, and jumping the gun and resuming competitions early violates the spirit if not the letter of the law. Dry fire, live fire practice, and talking about shooting in person and on the web will hold us until we get the make ready command. 

Edited by GJM
Trillion not billion!

Many of us really miss matches, and my wife and I can’t wait to resume shooting them. However, we realize that without a current vaccine or effective treatment, and the current state of testing, social distancing is about all we have as an option. As a country we are spending 2 to 4 trillion on on social distancing, and jumping the gun and resuming competitions early violates the spirit if not the letter of the law. Dry fire, live fire practice, and talking about shooting in person and on the web will hold us until we get the make ready command. 

80% of cases are mild and those people will have immunity. Thus creating a herd immunity. Stop the hysteria

One club on my side of the world recently announced a postal match, to alleviate the boredom. A simple layout with no walls or other labor intensive stuff. Just a target setup that you shoot from several different "box" arrangements.

9 hours ago, Rnlinebacker said:

80% of cases are mild and those people will have immunity. Thus creating a herd immunity. Stop the hysteria

I only see facts in his post, no hysteria. Furthermore, those 80% you reference will still be transmitting the virus to more people, likely before they even get symptoms themselves. That will cause more deaths and extended timelines for isolation. I agree that isolation is our most powerful tool right now.

I only see facts in his post, no hysteria. Furthermore, those 80% you reference will still be transmitting the virus to more people, likely before they even get symptoms themselves. That will cause more deaths and extended timelines for isolation. I agree that isolation is our most powerful tool right now.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]a86a16c7c35d1a8237b74ddc7e8c1748.jpg

The laws vary by state. Where I am you can go buy a car at a dealer, get your car serviced, go to Lowe’s or Home Depot (they quite busy) and thousands of construction workers are still building houses. Now running a match in downstate NY with what is going on would not be wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We shot a 3 gun match last weekend and what you are saying to do is wise. Also have a bucket that everything goes from stage to stage with the squad. Tape, timer, pad, stapler.  Only thing that stays is stage brief.