Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate extended spring and followers

Dirty_J

On 4/24/2020 at 9:22 AM, aandabooks said:

For the control rib: 0.735” just above the mag catch hole

Feed lips: 0.365” in the rear, 0.375” in the front

Those are the numbers that I tuned my mags to.  You'll need a caliper, something to squeeze the mag body with and a pair of feed lip pliers to tune the feed lips.  All my mags were drop free but most measured up around .790" when I got started.  I made some jaws for my vice but this could be done with some vice grips with the narrow jaws. 

Take the mags apart and squeeze them down to the .735" measurement.  Make sure they still fit your gun and drop free.  If not you'll need to squeeze them front to back.  Next to do is check the feed lips.  They will likely be smaller so you'll need to open them up.  Tools like these are what you'll need to get them tuned:  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006MTTPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Armor-AUTOMATIC-Clamp-Plier-7CC/dp/B07PGJCR3R/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=vice+grip+clamping+pliers&qid=1587734461&s=hi&sr=1-18

Just now, Gunner66 said:
On 4/24/2020 at 9:22 AM, aandabooks said:

For the control rib: 0.735” just above the mag catch hole

Feed lips: 0.365” in the rear, 0.375” in the front

Those are the numbers that I tuned my mags to.  You'll need a caliper, something to squeeze the mag body with and a pair of feed lip pliers to tune the feed lips.  All my mags were drop free but most measured up around .790" when I got started.  I made some jaws for my vice but this could be done with some vice grips with the narrow jaws. 

Take the mags apart and squeeze them down to the .735" measurement.  Make sure they still fit your gun and drop free.  If not you'll need to squeeze them front to back.  Next to do is check the feed lips.  They will likely be smaller so you'll need to open them up.  Tools like these are what you'll need to get them tuned:  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006MTTPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Armor-AUTOMATIC-Clamp-Plier-7CC/dp/B07PGJCR3R/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=vice+grip+clamping+pliers&qid=1587734461&s=hi&sr=1-18

Expand  

For tuning these mags, you wouldnt happen to have pictures of where you are measuring to?  My entire mag body is not 0.7335 wide so i am obviously not doing something right.  thanks for any assitance.  

12 hours ago, Gunner66 said:

For tuning these mags, you wouldnt happen to have pictures of where you are measuring to?  My entire mag body is not 0.7335 wide so i am obviously not doing something right.  thanks for any assitance.  

Just pinch it above the magazine catch hole. That’s where the ammo transitions from double stacked to staggered and to single towards the feed lips.

• 1 month later...

Yet another thumbs up for Mr Gram.  He not only solved my nosediving problems with his adjustment on my mags, he was also patient enough to answer my questions on mag maintenance , bullet profile and cartridge length.  Great guy, though very busy.

• 9 months later...
On 3/17/2022 at 6:00 PM, bludog said:

Yet another thumbs up for Mr Gram.  He not only solved my nosediving problems with his adjustment on my mags, he was also patient enough to answer my questions on mag maintenance , bullet profile and cartridge length.  Great guy, though very busy.

What's the best way to get a hold of him?  I tried for a while (2 years ago) and nothing.  

5 minutes ago, MNJoel said:

What's the best way to get a hold of him?  I tried for a while (2 years ago) and nothing.  

I tried for a week or so a few months ago and I couldn't get anything back.

I ended up trying to tune the magazine itself and got it to work, but I'd have to download to 27 instead of the 29 that I could actually cram in there. I ended up buying one of the new MBX magazines over Christmas. It feeds the first round reliably and holds 29 comfortably, but I've yet to go out and shoot the magazine at a match.

It was suggested to me, by a forum member, to simply mail him my mags, with a note to replace the followers and springs with his own and tune the magazines.

I included my name, email and phone number. He called me 2 days after he received the package, to ask for payment, as he was done.

When they came back I was extremely pleased and never has a feeding issue again.

P.S. Grams Engineering - 2435 Norse Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92627