Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounting RL1100 on Inline Fabrication 4" Micro - Pictures, Measurement

I hope this post will help some of you guys to decide on how high you will want to mount your new press. 

Mounting directly to bench did not work for me at all. Bottom of the stroke was way too low for standing and too high for sitting. 

After playing with some height adjustments using some books to space press from the bench I decided on 4" Inline Fabrication Micro mount.

I have used Dons mounts in the past with great success and still use it on my 650XL. 

So here we go. Assembled, drilled holes, mounted, Perfect height for me and I am 6.3 just for reference.

Bench top is 1.75 thick if anyone wondering. Purchased it from Uline 10 or so years ago and highly recommended.

I have 2 of them and you can select different tops, width and lengths. https://www.uline.com/BL_3853/Industrial-Packing-Tables

Bench top sits at 36.5 inch and top of the mount at 40.5.

IMG_1846.thumb.jpg.4de9cc33d33c4f171953084a5abafd35.jpg

IMG_1849.thumb.jpg.d5a00524e69c6327dc7a0731496a51f8.jpg

IMG_1851.thumb.jpg.d0f45239a5942f1ae26999acae8560f4.jpg

Top of the Handle Stroke with Press Mounted on the riser mount.

IMG_1855.thumb.jpg.b65fe7b85d30ff1f76d3b382fd88f7a2.jpg

Bottom of the Handle Stroke with Press Mounted on the riser mount.

IMG_1856.thumb.jpg.b58050e66e95e00e80c373fa8b9a484d.jpg

And some pics with Press mounted.

IMG_1858.thumb.jpg.f3866d724df2a1af87d40b9d75cee9c4.jpg

IMG_1857.thumb.jpg.d5b2dd00654c0ffb96997ab2515f5dbb.jpg

Seattle - Thanks for taking the time to provide these details as this information will allow me to measure my bench against yours to determine what mount I need.  I am 6’ tall so you providing these details will allow me to get a mount ordered this week....Thanks Again Sir- Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226

That is funny. I already had the 6” mount. I built my bench to get the height I wanted.

We ended up at the same height. I’m 6’ and it’s comfortable. Do need a step stool to look over in the case feeder though. LOL.

I 09b465a850379939da7ae90a443a1d33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New 1100 in da house. Used same holes on bench. Only thing I had to file a little notch in the butcher block counter for the travel of the handle. It has a little more travel than my 1050 has. Had to file about a 1/4-1/2 into corner. Not bad considering the different pull on it. Almost ready to roll. I am very impressed with it. Heavier than the 1050 and looks like the parts are better quality. 

Dirt Chevy - Anxious to hear more from you as you get it set up and start loading...Many here have wanted someone with a 1050 to provide a comparison/review of the RL1100 to the Super or RL 1050.....

Anxious to hear more from you on this...Also if you do not mind me asking what caliber did you get your RL1100 set up in from Dillon?

Thanks

Mark

4 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Dirt Chevy - Anxious to hear more from you as you get it set up and start loading...Many here have wanted someone with a 1050 to provide a comparison/review of the RL1100 to the Super or RL 1050.....

Anxious to hear more from you on this...Also if you do not mind me asking what caliber did you get your RL1100 set up in from Dillon?

Thanks

Mark

Will do. Pretty much setup now. Have to adjust dies etc on toolhead for my specs. Biggest difference is the stroke. It is so much smoother than the 1050 with the bearing system. Press is definitely heavier and beefier than 1050. Indexing system looks totally different in back. Pawl and arm look the same but the bearing it rides on is way bigger on the 1100 and looks different. Toolhead itself almost looks billet or cnc. Doesn’t look nasty molded like the 1050. It’s really smooth and it’s grayish. Tool head bolt and washer are different. Bigass Allen bolt with a semi convex washer. Really heavy duty. The new sting loaded primer arm is awesome so you can take case off and check or clear. The ratchet system is a little different also. And the ratchet arm with the groves is beefier material not like the thin black one on 1050. Haven’t taken primer assembly off but it looks to be the same. Swage rod assembly different the rod is way bigger than on the 1050. Case feeder is awesome with the speed control but it’s definitely louder than the 2nd one   Motor is noisy. Have a nice thick colored manual with a lot of different info in it pretty nice. A lot of pics to show things and troubleshoot. People new to a 1050 or 1100 will appreciate this newer manual with all the info and pics in it. Hopefully by next week I’ll be reloading on it. The hard part is done. I will say had my doubts but I impressed with this new 1100 overall. It’s in 40 cal. Overall side by side I feel that the 1100 is better because of what I listed. 1050 is great but the smoothness of the 1100 is so much better and very noticeable in a side by side comparison. Just is made way better. Even  the shell plate snap is reduced almost to like the bearing kits we put on the 1050. . Wish I could post pics but phone won’t let me. Hopefully today my light kit from reloading innovations comes in today. Phil has a awesome light and I highly recommend it. Feel free to ask any ?s

Edited by Dirtchevy841

Dirt Chevy - Thanks Sir for taking the time to provide these details.  I started loading on a Dillon 550 about 10 years ago and then sold it when I purchased a XL650 about 6 Years ago and will be keeping it for my “other than 9mm runs”...

Thanks Again Sir - Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226