Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer Pads Fit CZC Large Magwell Tactical Sport

soulbyte

Hello, 

I have a TS 40 with large CZC magwel (not IPSC). Will springer basepads fit with no trimming? I couldn't find the info anywhere so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Edited by soulbyte

6 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

They will.  You'll be better off buying the CZCustom basepads though.  Better design.  Just can't get them in the other colors that Springer offers.

Thank you I was deciding between the two. I kinda like the orange but in all reality the color doesn't matter as long as they perfom.

3 hours ago, aandabooks said:

They will.  You'll be better off buying the CZCustom basepads though.  Better design.  Just can't get them in the other colors that Springer offers.

This, when I first got my TS I bought the Springer pads because of the color options. I stripped out one of the tiny allen screws putting on the basepad. I ended up just ordering the CZC pads after that and they have been great. 

2nd that on the CZ Custom pads for functionality. If you dump your mags in sandy soil during a match, and need a quick clean, the CZ Custom pads will definitely show their benefit of going on and off easier without small tools or the bending of the springs. The "L" shaped stainless base in the CZC is pushed up via a small access hole in the bottom of the pad until it clears the magazine tube for lateral removal. With the Springer, you will need a small allen key "0.05in?" to screw in, then push laterally and deflect the magazine coil spring until removal. I don't like how it side loads the magazine spring. They (Springer) are machined nice and the anodizing looks better than CZ Custom. I use them on my Shadow mags were the allen screw isn't needed (same disassembly method as factory) but prefer CZ Custom for the TS/Czechmate.