Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My RL1100 just landed

2 hours ago, Ghost7tactical said:

Agree the Covid thing is really started to effect everything. We all are shut down in Florida for shooting and was hoping to get it while this madness seems to continue and I have the extra time. I'm just waiting on the machine at this point. I rather see people safe during this madness, but being left wondering the status of my hard earned cash is the not so good part. 

I believe there was an order put down nearly 2 weeks ago that deemed firearms related businesses essential and they could stay open. That order allowed the gun clubs here in Wisconsin after our governor decides to lock down the state.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This press took an extra year to get out because of supply issues. I can see how the current climate could make that even harder. I'm going to wait for the 1150 :)

I got mine today and was very happy until...

I had 5 locator buttons and tabs instead of 6.  No big deal, I could Rob one from my 550.

And it is missing the 3/8" eye bolt that the powder return arm runs through.  This means that the powder drop will not work.

So I have a 60lb paper weight on my bench.

After an hour and ten minute wait on hold with Dillon they are sending me the parts.  The customer service was great, but this is pretty ridiculous to pay 2 grand for something and have it show up inoperable.

I also found that I need a stand for the press because of the stroke, so I too ordered the micro mount.

Edited by LeviSS

1 hour ago, LeviSS said:

I had 5 locator buttons and tabs instead of 6.  No big deal, I could Rob one from my 550.

And it is missing the 3/8" eye bolt that the powder return arm runs through.  This means that the powder drop will not work.

After an hour and ten minute wait on hold with Dillon they are sending me the parts.  The customer service was great, but this is pretty ridiculous to pay 2 grand for something and have it show up inoperable.

I also found that I need a stand for the press because of the stroke, so I too ordered the micro mount.

LeviSS:

Would you mind sharing your order date....and did you buy Dillon direct?

Thank you!

1 minute ago, HOGRIDER said:

LeviSS:

Would you mind sharing your order date....and did you buy Dillon direct?

Thank you!

Ordered March 8, delivered April 7 direct from Dillon.  9mm.

1 hour ago, LeviSS said:

Ordered March 8, delivered April 7 direct from Dillon.  9mm.

LeviSS:

Glad you received your machine; although with a few parts missing..........

I'm still trying to process how some orders are being sent out while older ones in the same caliber are at a standstill.........

Thanks again!

4 hours ago, LeviSS said:

So is the stroke that much different than the 1050that you can’t mount it directly to the bench? I am not that y’all and my 1050 is perfect mounted on the bench. This may suck if I have to raise it up 

5 minutes ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

So is the stroke that much different than the 1050that you can’t mount it directly to the bench? I am not that y’all and my 1050 is perfect mounted on the bench. This may suck if I have to raise it up 

I've never messed with a 1050.  My bench has a counter top on it with cabinets under it, which limits how close to the edge I can have it.  I'd have to be out far enough that the face of the cabinets are in the way to poke a bolt up through.

Edited by LeviSS

16 minutes ago, LeviSS said:

I've never messed with a 1050.  My bench has a counter top on it with cabinets under it, which limits how close to the edge I can have it.  I'd have to be out far enough that the face of the cabinets are in the way to poke a bolt up through.

Gotcha. I have 11/2 butcher block top in my room. Where my presses mount no cabinets under top so I should be ok. Thanks 

4 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

LeviSS:

I'm still trying to process how some orders are being sent out while older ones in the same caliber are at a standstill.........

Thanks again!

I wonder if phone in orders are being processed quicker. None of this makes sense. 

20 minutes ago, SeattleDude said:

Inline Fabrication mount is Quality! Now it’s time to get it mounted. 

FF1A63BE-6CDF-4347-9736-84EC523EE6F6.jpeg.182daab980bcec090013539495f3b261.jpeg

Once mounted can you do us a favor and post some pics and measurements of your bench height? That will give me a better idea if I need a mount too. Thanks! 

Oh and Dillon responded to a email I sent them.. looks like it is still 4-6 weeks before mine will ship. That will put me right at what the website said when I ordered. I truly hope sooner!!

Edited by Ghost7tactical
typo

On 4/7/2020 at 5:30 PM, HOGRIDER said:

LeviSS:

Thanks again!

I ordered in February and mine just arrived today. Mine was a 38 Super Comp. 

On 4/6/2020 at 9:29 AM, Ghost7tactical said:

I ordered on 3/21. Dillon mentioned that there we 66 machines in 9mm that are on the list. Where I am in that 66 I don’t know....that was just in 9mm and he said was the most popular. As for the other calibers they are backed up on I don't know. I really hope it moves as fast!   SeattleSude is definitely lucky!  

Awesome pics too! Congrats.

I I’ll have my 1100 in 40 cal tomorrow. It was delivered to my buddy shop Tuesday. About 8 weeks since he ordered it for me. 

20 years ago I used a 1050 to load for my 38Super Open Infinity.

Now I've got a Super 1050, not a big improvement over the old one.

Looking at RL1100 video it seems to me not much is improved over a Super 1050, am I wrong?

Could someone please answer the question,  on the new 1100 can you run a powder check die with the bullet feeder and use separate seat and crimp dies?

Looks like a Mark 7 is the machine to order.

35 minutes ago, Nc1911 said:

Could someone please answer the question,  on the new 1100 can you run a powder check die with the bullet feeder and use separate seat and crimp dies?

Does Mark 7 have their ducks in a row yet with primer and case feed problems, funky case feeder (Dillon case feeder would be a good substitute), small customer service crew?

1 hour ago, Nc1911 said:

you have 3 more stations after powder drop same as 1050.