Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My RL1100 just landed

My new RL1100 landed yesterday.

Man that roller bearing design is smooth indexing and new case feeder is FIRE! New tool head that comes with press is very nice quality compared to 1050. Dont know how to tell, but it looks billet instead of cast.

Tore it all down, tuned it up, removed ratchet and its ready to roll! Only problem it is way to low on bottom stroke. My bench is 36.5 tall at table top and I am 6.3. My 650 is mounted on 9in Inline Fabrication mount and is perfect. So 4 inch mount on its way. For now here is some eye candy and some close ups.

😎

IMG_1800.JPG

IMG_1797.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1798.JPG

IMG_1789.JPG

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey SD:

Just for clarification, this info you shared elsewhere is Correct?

Thanks again!

:)

Ordered March 27. Shipped April 1st. Arrived April 4th. Was planning for 8-12 weeks. Just got lucky I guess. Possibly due to 9mm setup and all the Stars ✨ of the universe lining up in my favor.

5 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

Hey SD:

Just for clarification, this info you shared elsewhere is Correct?

Thanks again!

:)

yes sir. I could not believe it myself. I was planing to Save Up over next couple of months LOL. At first I thought it was April fools joke 😂😂😂

Just now, SeattleDude said:

yes sir. I could not believe it myself. I was planing to Save Up over next couple of months LOL. At first I thought it was April fools joke 😂😂😂

SeattleDude:  I'm truly happy you got your press that quick!

Just a bit unsettled that after talking with several people at Dillon, they've been preaching 4 more weeks on my order that's 10 weeks old tomorrow!

Thanks again for your confirmation........and hope you post more info on the RL1100 once you've had time to get comfortable with it!

:)👍

1 minute ago, HOGRIDER said:

SeattleDude:  I'm truly happy you got your press that quick!

Just a bit unsettled that after talking with several people at Dillon, they've been preaching 4 more weeks on my order that's 10 weeks old tomorrow!

Thanks again for your confirmation........and hope you post more info on the RL1100 once you've had time to get comfortable with it!

:)👍

Thanks brother. I truly didnt mean to rub it in for guys that are still waiting on their presses or anything like that. I dont have any special connections or friends at Dillon just so we are clear.

I was hoping that they caught up with all the back orders and back on track.

I was envisioning 300 or so RL1100 presses sitting at Dillons assembly plant all ready to go and assembled.... just missing some little part that is holding everything back.  And they finally received that part from vendor, assembled all the presses and sent HUGE shipment out.... ?

It seems like there is another guy that got his in few days when he ordered his back in Feb. I am not sure what is the trick to this. I couldnt remember if I actually called last year and got on the waiting list. I might have. But even if I did, I didnt hear anything back. Maybe actually placing an order triggered something in the system. Not sure buddy. I hope you get yours soon, it sure is a sweet machine. Let me know if you want to see any close up or details on the press. Ill do my best to help you out.

Seattle Dude - Two questions please Sir....

1 - You mentioned you ordered a 4” stand - Did you order the In-Line Fabrication (Micro Ultra Mount) and if so why did you go with the 4” instead of the 7.5” (Junior) or the 9 3/4” (Ultramount)....Asking because I wanted to understand if the 4” allows the bench clearance you needed or more so because of your height.....

2 - Does your RL1100 unit have a SN# on it and if so what number does your reflect?

Thanks - Mark

Edited by Sigarmsp226

7 minutes ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Seattle Dude - Two questions please Sir....

1 - You mentioned you ordered a 4” stand - Did you order the In-Line Fabrication (Micro Ultra Mount) and if so why did you go with the 4” instead of the 7.5” (Junior) or the 9 3/4” (Ultramount)....Asking because I wanted to understand if the 4” allows the bench clearance you needed or more so because of your height.....

2 - Does your RL1100 unit have a SN# on it and if so what number does your reflect?

Thanks - Mark

Pivoting point on my 650XL is about 6 inches Below Table Top - I have a full size In-Line Fabrication Mount 9 5/8 Tall. Its comfortable.

Pivoting point on RL1100 is about 4 inches Above Table top. So one would think it will be perfect when mounted on the Table Top directly... Not really. Standing straight up, the bottom of the stroke is with my hand completely straight down. So I put press on about 4 inches of books to see how it would feel.... and it feels pretty good! 

No clue on Serial number.

Thanks Sir for this detail and your reasoning behind your decision to go with the 4” unit.....

As for the SN# question - had no idea if they were putting SN#’s on these units and if so was just curious as to how many units they had shipped....

Meant to say before and forgot - Great Pictures - Super clear. Thanks for posting. 

Mark 

Edited by Sigarmsp226

I ordered on 3/21. Dillon mentioned that there we 66 machines in 9mm that are on the list. Where I am in that 66 I don’t know....that was just in 9mm and he said was the most popular. As for the other calibers they are backed up on I don't know. I really hope it moves as fast!   SeattleSude is definitely lucky!  

Awesome pics too! Congrats.

Edited by Ghost7tactical
typo

1 minute ago, HOGRIDER said:

Congratulations to those that have received their RL1100s!

Dillon told me today I was 8 weeks out on my January 27th order.

SMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG that is crazy! How is that even possible! This news is not good but it also appears to be some conflicting dates depending on who you talk to at Dillon? What caliber did you order under?  

15 minutes ago, Ghost7tactical said:

OMG that is crazy! How is that even possible! This news is not good but it also appears to be some conflicting dates depending on who you talk to at Dillon? What caliber did you order under?  

Ordered 9mm!

And yes, I understand that there are conflicting dates "depending on who you talk to"..........but I just finished talking with an established Dillon Dealer, and he said he did not expect any RL1100 orders to come in until around the latter part of May!

I'm so very disappointed in Dillon's Customer Service right now........

Just now, HOGRIDER said:

Ordered 9mm!

And yes, I understand that there are conflicting dates "depending on who you talk to"..........but I just finished talking with an established Dillon Dealer, and he said he did not expect any RL1100 orders to come in until around the latter part of May!

I'm so very disappointed in Dillon's Customer Service right now........

Wow! Looks like I'll be waiting awhile too. I wish Dillon would give updates on their website on the production times etc.. Doesn't seem to hard to say Shipping backordered machine orders placed on X date. I'm bummed but feel for you!   Wonder how many are shipped each day. Maybe Dillon will pop in and give some answers here. 

1 hour ago, Ghost7tactical said:

Wow! Looks like I'll be waiting awhile too. I wish Dillon would give updates on their website on the production times etc.. Doesn't seem to hard to say Shipping backordered machine orders placed on X date. I'm bummed but feel for you!   Wonder how many are shipped each day. Maybe Dillon will pop in and give some answers here. 

At this point, I'm not sure anyone (at Dillon) that's answering the phone is giving any solid information on what's actually going on there!  I'm hearing this COVID 19 situation has some of their manufacturers shut down, and they don't know when parts will be received or complete machines shipped again.

Sorry, but I don't buy it! 

Yes, Dillon popping in for some solid information would be nice........

2 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

At this point, I'm not sure anyone (at Dillon) that's answering the phone is giving any solid information on what's actually going on there!  I'm hearing this COVID 19 situation has some of their manufacturers shut down, and they don't know when parts will be received or complete machines shipped again.

Sorry, but I don't buy it! 

Yes, Dillon popping in for some solid information would be nice........

Agree the Covid thing is really started to effect everything. We all are shut down in Florida for shooting and was hoping to get it while this madness seems to continue and I have the extra time. I'm just waiting on the machine at this point. I rather see people safe during this madness, but being left wondering the status of my hard earned cash is the not so good part. 

36 minutes ago, Ghost7tactical said:

Agree the Covid thing is really started to effect everything. We all are shut down in Florida for shooting and was hoping to get it while this madness seems to continue and I have the extra time. I'm just waiting on the machine at this point. I rather see people safe during this madness, but being left wondering the status of my hard earned cash is the not so good part. 

While I am completely sympathetic to the COVID 19 pandemic that has literally shut most of our county down, I also realize there are Shooting Sports Industries and Manufacturers that are still producing their products while protecting their employees and maintaining State and/or Federal guidelines.  Most, as we are aware, have closed their retail sides down and are conducting business through online portals only.

However, we see in this one thread, where consumers such as ourselves are receiving their Dillon RL1100s after a brief waiting period which is expected............and outlined on Dillon's website!

Please note: Due to overwhelming demand, machine orders are currently taking six to eight weeks to ship. We are shipping daily, and backorders are being shipped in order of placement.

53 minutes ago, HOGRIDER said:

While I am completely sympathetic to the COVID 19 pandemic that has literally shut most of our county down, I also realize there are Shooting Sports Industries and Manufacturers that are still producing their products while protecting their employees and maintaining State and/or Federal guidelines.  Most, as we are aware, have closed their retail sides down and are conducting business through online portals only.

However, we see in this one thread, where consumers such as ourselves are receiving their Dillon RL1100s after a brief waiting period which is expected............and outlined on Dillon's website!

When I ordered it did say 6-8 weeks, but when I see 10 weeks and the add additional 4 that is really painful and then others quick... it just becomes confusing to everyone. Especially when dropping $2500 bucks and its all paid and just waiting for it. I can only hope they are able to keep things moving. In todays world it's very easy to post updates online and in social media as mentioned. 🤷‍♂️