Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Difficulty racking the slide

Babayaga

Hey All,

I have a new G5 34.  It is extremely hard to rack the slide and eject a round when there is a round in the chamber. The slide moves easily enough but the round does not want to release from the extractor as easily as it does on all my other Glocks.  That round wants to stay in there. The gun has been sent back to Glock and I had two armorers look at it at Glock days. Big Glock replaced the slide stop and recoil spring (🤔) and said all was well. The armorers agreed that it was tough but it’s because Glock has cut the slide differently now and there is a groove on the opposite side of the extractor that holds “the round better” than previous editions. The armorers think it will get better with more shooting.  When I first received the gun it would not eject the brass because it was caught underneath the groove and extractor. After almost 200 rounds of it being a single shot it runs like a champ. But it’s still extremely hard to eject a round by hand.  My question is has anyone else seen this in their new G5’s?   Glock says only the new updated 5s have the new groove so it isn’t all G5’s.  Thanks for your feedback. 

Normal for Gen 5s with that new breachface cut. Just need to pull slide back faster and round should eject; if you pull slide back slowly it'll feel like it hangs up.

The part about it being a single shot isn't normal though. It should cycle and eject fine when firing.