Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Camera Powder Monitoring System

I am finally ready to install a camera monitoring system on my RL1050 since installing a bullet feeder eliminates the powder check die. I really liked the ready made Ammo Vision System since I am not very electronically inclined. They no longer make that system so I am up for suggestions. I wish someone made a plug and play system. Does anyone know of such a manufacturer?

Thanks for the help.

Pickup an endoscope with wifi an use an old cell phone mounted to the casefeed column.

Her's my current setup, but I think I have a better setup that I'm working at this time.  It's a heavy aluminium plate that mounts through the 1050 ram bolt and goes between the bulletfeeder and seating die.

aQsKavo.jpg

GAmffTl.jpg

I used an Inline Fabrication 1050 Skylight mount $4.75 under the Mr Bullet Feeder die to mount a cheap Fleabay or Amazon endoscope and also use it for the Mr Bullet Feeder extra spring fix.

I just used a grommet in the small hole that the center opening was tight enough to hold the endoscope.  Works very well and aims the camera right at the case under the bullet feeder.  The angle is good enough to see 3 grs of powder in a 38 Special case.

For .223 rifle cases, I don't use the MBF, so I cut down another grommet to fit into an empty die, I think it might be an old Lee powder die(?), so the camera looks straight down into the case mouth.

https://inlinefabrication.com/products/extra-mounting-bracket-for-the-dillon-rl-super-1050-skylight

IMG_3331_1024x1024.JPG?v=1486019915

Edited by Ming the Merciless

If you want a ready made setup look at the Whistler Inspection Cameras... I use an older version of this...

https://www.amazon.com/Whistler-WIC-5200-Wireless-Inspection-Camera/dp/B00AKTY9A8/

I posted a few pics in various threads, but most recently in this thread.  Just attach to the Case Feeder upright with Velco or zip ties etc and loop the cable over...

I like the idea of the Whistler inspection camera system.Would like a bigger monitor but looking at the full color version, might do the trick. The Inline Fabrication bracket seems like a great way to install the camera. 

Bynthe way, read on an old thread that Dan at Inline Fabrication was working on a inspection camera system, however, when I ea,I led him he said he had not pursued the idea and was focusing on the “metal” side of things. Certainly understand that; his stuff is great!

Doing some more thinking, I might try to use a monitor with a split screen, two cameras, one for the powder check and one for the case feeder. I see where there is a monitor with a 4 screen split, might put a camera on the bullet feeder as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheap wired endoscope. The grommet and bracket is good. I have mine attached with velcro ties which works good for removing it. Cheap automotive style phone holder (the kind that clips onto the vents) works to hold my phone. Sometimes I use the tablet and just prop it up.