Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EVERYONE TANFO READ! Let's Play a real serious OPEN game.

Apolo

Tanfo Open Race Ready Bull barrel Comp 2011 killer  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Would you run a race ready package open Tanfo. Real bull barrel, real NOT aluminum comp. Package.

• Yes
    • No
    • NO WAY!
    • IMMEDIATELY!
    • Maybe/possibly/future

This is all "pretend" but I need you guys to answer solid, truthful, and what you thoughts are. ****Admin create Yes/No pole if possible**** and room to explain reasons. MANUFACTURERS,  AND COMPANY'S DO NOT COMMENT!!! (

Let's say (pretend) I've got a whole bunch of threaded bull barrels  just spun up match grade...the beesknees.

But then I blow your face away by also saying more universal and I also have a pile of NOT GT comps.

Both sizes and items fit, limited, S2, and Gold team.

Let's "pretend" I'm not going to release this stuff or even begun designing únill I've got a bunch of input.

Also don't get too excited yet. This is purely hypothetical.

What if you could buy a GT, ditch the v12 and factory barrel and drop parts readily available, simpler than 2011, as fast, soft ect and at almost 1/2 the price of a Domina or aNY Custom? Who would be like F*** yeah!!! And actually buy a Tanfo open gun. If a pretend package was available? Like I'm gonna just say GT 2k and open package 600.

So let's just pretend about 3k you have a shorty or middy that's simpler than a 2011, same stroke length, and all the same damn benefits. In? Or Out. Even if you don't shoot or plan on open let's hear some weigh ins. Pretend I won the lottery. But let's not get over zealous or make assumptions. 

I sincerely am baffled. If the parts are there, for a BETTER, SIMPLER, platform wouldn't people build, or is the 2011 thing a followers fad and it's just had more market so everyone is worried about taking a chance and just plays follower? Pioneer 

Edited by Apolo

1 hour ago, shred said:

Btw, it had better remain completely "Pretend" and not some kind of stealth-marketing operation.

Really? It isn't allowable to ask interest about a platform in certain configuration if the parts had been available. I don't have some secret pile of gold. It's hypothetical. I wanna know what's stopping people.

It's fine to ask about why more people aren't building or using TF Open guns and why not on here.

It's not fine to say "what if we made a pile of open barrels, would you buy them?" and then a week or month later pop up with "You wanted them so we made a bunch and have them for sale!".   Your OP reads like somebody testing the market for a possible product, intentional or not.

I'm pretty sure Eric Grauffel has demonstrated that Tanfo Open guns can be as competitive as any, so adoption in the US probably has other factors.

I had a Tanfo open gun as my first open gun.  Everything was great with it other than getting a reliable 170mm mag.  Even when MBX started selling theirs they didn't work.  I eventually went to CZ Czechmate and have everything that you are describing for $2799.