Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sight Wear from Holster

AJA

Wondering if anyone could shed some light.

I pretty recently switched to a safariland ALS holster for the active retention. (For the record, Wasn't too happy with the fitting. Had to do a crap ton of adjustment and dremeling to get my STI to fit, which I had called in and confirmed that it was the correct holster for it). 

However, now that it does fit, I've noticed over the last month of shooting and dry fire that there is significant wear on my front sight post (specifically the frontward portion of it). I can only assume this is because it's dragging all the way up the retention system inside the safariland.

IMAGE LINK HERE:

https://imgur.com/a/j8AV6Kf

My question is, is this normal? Do any of you have wear like this on your front sight? My main point of concern isn't necessarily the plastic, but the metal square nut that actually holds the ALS mechanism into the holster. I think now that the wear has actually rounded and smoothed out the front tip, that it's not actually catching as bad anymore, but I could be wrong.

I appreciate the input, thank you!!

4 hours ago, The Donald said:

ALS holsters and 1911/2011's especially STI's take a bit of work to fit correctly and have an easy draw.

yeah, so the draw is easy after working out the holster. any thoughts on the front sight wear?