Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing leftover primers from 650

On my 650, I have a primer magazine full of primers and I am done loading for a while. How can I empty the magazine without spilling primers all over the inside of the primer shield. I want to put them back in the box they came in. This isn't a problem on the 550b

Actually only had to do this once. and was very surprised that when I pulled the magazine to get a stuck primer out that the primers didnt come with it. I put the plastic tray under the general area and removed the 2 allen head bolts. once its free just slid the primer assembly over into the bin, thinking I would lose them all but theres a tab on the bottom that keeps them from dumping. just loosen the assembly and turn it over into a small container. there will be a few on the press afterwords that were in the carousel

5 minutes ago, open17 said:

How is it "not a problem" on the 550B?  

On the 550, you just remove the cap from the shield and pull the magazine out and the primers are still in the magazine . On the 650, when you lift the magazine out of the shield, the primers fall out the end

Edited by GregInAtl

Leave them in the press. Three months sitting in the press in a damp garage all winter? They  still go bang just fine, year after year.

I used to strip all components out of my machine each time. Nowdays primer and powder live in it for weeks or months without any concern from me.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I have the aftermarket primer chute with the small bottle on it.  I just advance the primer indexing arm with my trigger finger until it's empty.  I store the primers in a small bottle. Full primer tube, I remove the bottle and put a larger bottle under the chute.