Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom

usmc1974

I got my first CZ pistol SP - 01 Phantom it is pretty awesome.  I did change the sights to a Dawson fiber optic competition sights set,  but other than that the gun shoots great, and feels as good as a 1911 in your hand. I like it more every time I take it out and shoot it my girlfriend bought it for me, I guess she knows guns.

Edited by usmc1974

Congrats, they're cool guns, and they'll accept most of the same hot-rod parts the Shadows/CZ-75/SP-01's use if you ever feel like upgrading the trigger... IIRC the one thing to be aware of with those is some of the magazines out there that'll work and function just fine may not drop free in a Phantom, so before you buy a bunch of mags you might wanna do a search so you don't pick up the ones that don't drop.

52 minutes ago, ck1 said:

Congrats, they're cool guns, and they'll accept most of the same hot-rod parts the Shadows/CZ-75/SP-01's use if you ever feel like upgrading the trigger... IIRC the one thing to be aware of with those is some of the magazines out there that'll work and function just fine may not drop free in a Phantom, so before you buy a bunch of mags you might wanna do a search so you don't pick up the ones that don't drop.

Thanks yeah, I found 3 mags  made by MEC gar 17 rounders two of them dropped out free the third one didn't want to drop out so good so I put one of my Beretta magazines in it got the frame hot left in overnight and now all of them seem to drop pretty good. They also drop out pretty good if I don't squeeze the grip so tight when I'm reloading. I would like to find 5 CZ SP-01 PHANTOM 10 Rounders to shoot production. If I can get him a decent price.

Edited by usmc1974

Does anyone know if the Phantom uses the same barrel as the SP-01?  I have an Australian length barrel that I'd like to put to use that doesn't fit my custom anymore after I installed the 10x bushing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 3:54 PM, sandflea said:

Does anyone know if the Phantom uses the same barrel as the SP-01?  I have an Australian length barrel that I'd like to put to use that doesn't fit my custom anymore after I installed the 10x bushing.

It is not the whole top end the same as a regular SP-01? Just that the bottom is polymer instead of metal.

1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

It is not the whole top end the same as a regular SP-01? Just that the bottom is polymer instead of metal.

The Phantom's slide has a thinner top profile than that of the SP01. A different beast. I had a Phantom and a Shadow at both times but never studied interchangeability of parts.