Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone running or have done testing on the 940 JM?

minnesota1

Just curious as to how it is working out, if they have worked out the downsides of the 930, etc?  For a tube extension can you use the ones made for the 930?  I would assume so, but would like to know for sure.

Thanks.

On 3/31/2020 at 9:17 PM, minnesota1 said:

Just curious as to how it is working out, if they have worked out the downsides of the 930, etc?  For a tube extension can you use the ones made for the 930?  I would assume so, but would like to know for sure.

Thanks.

Grab a gun was out of stock on them. I'm planning to get one, and just run it straight. As far as capacity, I'm going to run the factory extended tube for a while, shooting limited/heavy, the lessened mag capacity isnt an issue (9+1).

• 2 months later...

I just picked up the 940 as I’m trying to get Into 3gun.  I wish I could compare the 930 to the 940 but I have no experience with the 930.   I will say that I am impressed with the gun. I was able to get out and shoot some sporting clay and it preformed great.   Little to no recoil, easy to point and just overall enjoyable gun. 

My buddy who’s big into 3gun recommend the 940 over the 930.  I can try to get some better Info from him as to what and why the 940 is better and post it on here.   But I really enjoy the gun so far.  

On 6/10/2020 at 10:10 AM, Zack15 said:

I just picked up the 940 as I’m trying to get Into 3gun.  I wish I could compare the 930 to the 940 but I have no experience with the 930.   I will say that I am impressed with the gun. I was able to get out and shoot some sporting clay and it preformed great.   Little to no recoil, easy to point and just overall enjoyable gun. 

My buddy who’s big into 3gun recommend the 940 over the 930.  I can try to get some better Info from him as to what and why the 940 is better and post it on here.   But I really enjoy the gun so far.  

Where did you find one?

1 minute ago, Midwest3Gunner said:

Where did you find one?

I found one in Ohio where I’m originally from and had it shipped to NC.  But the gun shop was called fin feather fur in Sandusky, Ohio.  I ordered it probably about 3 weeks or so ago, and they had two total.  

32 minutes ago, TonytheTiger said:

I RO'd a guy with a 940 last Sunday. He had to hit the shell release between every shot to keep it running. Sample of one, so not statistically relevant but still not a good sign..

I hope that isn’t a sign of what will come down the road for mine.  But I haven’t had any issues but I really haven’t had the chance to run it hard yet. 

On 6/11/2020 at 4:48 PM, TonytheTiger said:

I RO'd a guy with a 940 last Sunday. He had to hit the shell release between every shot to keep it running. Sample of one, so not statistically relevant but still not a good sign..

Any idea what was wrong with it? 

21 minutes ago, HCH said:

Any idea what was wrong with it? 

Not a clue. The shooter was brand new and had so much on his plate that he wasn't about to take his gun apart. I wanted to check it out but I was running a stage averaging 130 seconds with the other stages at 40-60, so I couldn't afford to play pretend gunsmith.

3 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

Not a clue. The shooter was brand new and had so much on his plate that he wasn't about to take his gun apart. I wanted to check it out but I was running a stage averaging 130 seconds with the other stages at 40-60, so I couldn't afford to play pretend gunsmith.

Gotcha. Let us know if you see any others out in the wild!!