Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

F-1 Firearms vs JP Firearms

Broncos79

Well, I've had two JP's that were awesome in every way.  The F-1 rifles look very cool, but haven't been around as long or tested as well.  Super cool cuts don't always mean the best rifle.

I see lots of reasons not to cut the lower and grip the way they do.  JP is probably the Gold Standard.  My pic is LANTAC.  JP would likely be the Gold standard.  F-1.....way down the line

1 hour ago, Broncos79 said:

Please elaborate why?

Receiver fit is tight.

Very accurate barrels that are thermal fit.

Smoothest lightweight BCGs that I’ve used.

Their SCS buffer system has become a must have for me.

Nice adjustable gas blocks.

Great trigger.

i’ve had a JP in the past, but don’t shoot one currently.  I assemble my own, but still use some JP parts.

When it comes down to it you can build it yourself as much as you want. You will end up with a very nice rifle. And you can do everything the right way to get a great fit and finish. When you buy a JP you're buying something put together by someone that day in and day out lives rifles. Not just in the shop, but as a shooter and competitor themselves. JP grew from the ground up to push the competition envelope. Either way you end up with a solid rifle. 

As far as brand preference, one of my favorite "tests" is to look at a jersey shooter. If they don't have a rifle maker on their jersey you can bet there's JP parts in the gun.

PS, I'm biased 🤣🤣 But feel free to reach out if you have specific parts questions. 

FWIW I have been researching new barrels for 3 gun the last few weeks and it seems that nearly every search, JP was mentioned and recommended.  Not just in this forum but several others that are dedicated rifle forums.   I don’t think I read any negative posts about fit, finish, or accuracy.  I ended up with the JP 18” light contour rifle length gas. 

17 hours ago, Broncos79 said:

Please comment on assembling your own vs JP - for example are you able to achieve the same fit finish tolerances etc by assembling you own?

For your first build?  I would say no.  I’ve put together quite a few rifles, and it has taken me awhile to figure out some of the nuances that make an accurate rifle.  Buying a JP is just so much easier.

I built mine using a JP cryo 18" rifle length lightweight barrel and have never had to doubt my decision. 

F1 just seems really gimmicky with their stuff. It looks cool, but aesthetics don't win the day. 

I have a lot of JP stuff but just bought a 308 BCG from F1 and... it's really nice. No reason I can find that it won't run with the best of them. 

I don't care for the aesthetics of skeltonized grips but nobody's forcing me to buy one, they're kind of like Punisher logos on Glocks and those AR lowers with skulls molded in. Then again the JP hand guards are no thing of beauty either and the thermal dissipators are kind of, um, hokey like mall ninja-ey too. And I wouldn't build with JP parts for a super lightweight build either. Just my opinion, I wouldn't reject a free rifle. 

The nice thing is you can pick and choose and make the rifle your own with various brands. JP probably has tighter QC and tolerances than most but they charge accordingly. Anyone can true a receiver and thermal fit a barrel with inexpensive tools and techniques. 

Figure you'll spend twice as much for a JP barrel and trust it will be good out of the box versus maybe risking a lemon for one half the cost. But that's why some barrel manufacturers get popular, when they're outperforming their price tags.

Edited by Frankly

• 1 month later...