• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
On 3/31/2020 at 1:38 PM, Bill H said:

I know this has probably been discussed in the past but I couldn't find it. Is the Talon grip tape good stuff? Is there something better? Rubber type or grit? It is for a Glock 17 for competition. 

Thanks

Talon Pro Grip

Mountain bike inner tube.   There's no adhesive to worry about, but depending on the size you have, it can be a serious PITA to get it pulled up onto the grip.  I find it to be seriously grippy with no abrasive grit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Used the Jessup grip tape instead of stippling a pistol grip. Found a template online that "mostly" worked, had to make a few mods to the template, but once done, and cut, this stuff is like gripping your pistol with Stickum on your hands. Seriously legit.
The downside to this application? I wouldn't recommend holstering so the grip is against your skin. I would imagine any sustained movement would result in shaving some epidermis from your body. Sometimes a good thing, but not in this case. :)

I like the Talon Pro grips. They give great traction but are still comfortable for daily carry. I can stipple. I have the technique, tools, patience and craftsmanship to do it well. I'd rather put Talon Pros on the gun and shoot it. Get other thing sorted out and tweaked to my liking. If I want to sell the gun it can be restored to factory condition. 

I find Gen 5 frames are good to go for me. Maybe an undercut on a Glock 19 but the texture is good. 

I still have some trugrip, honestly just keep it as a pattern to cut my own out of Jessup skate tape. I've modified the template over the years to make it fit and stay better for me. If I knew what type of laser would work I'd try to cut a bunch or share my pattern.