Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Hellcat is nice but????

chgofirefighter

After carrying my Sig365 daily, which replaced my G43X for almost a year now, putting quite a few hundreds round through her and putting the 365 through its paces it hasn't dissapointed one bit.  Now I wish it came optic ready, etc but?  So I decided to purchase the Hellcat to see what was all the fuz about, upon taking it to the range and testing my carry ammo Gold Dots 124gr I noticed a significant recoil difference.  The Hellcat is very snappy and of course thats expected being its size but the 365 is almost identical to some degree.  How can one hangun handle better than the other?  Bore axis maybe, different recoil springs, heavier beefier barrel?  While the Hellcat does fullfix a niche market, I didn't expect the platform feel so totally different than  the Sig 365.  The Hellcat is nice, the ergos, features, significant amount of ammo capacity for its size etc but its supposed to be a direct competitor the 365, but it doesn't live to the expectation... Atleast to me it doesn't so it was nice while it lasted.  I'll be selling the firearm with the Shield optic and Vedder holster soon~  I'm sticking to my 365... 

After testing both at friends I went with Hellcat. My brother went with the Sig despite shooting Springfields in competition. The guns are so close in features it just comes down to preference. I liked the little beefier grip of the Hellcat along with better sights imo. 

50 minutes ago, PokerNGuns said:

After testing both at friends I went with Hellcat. My brother went with the Sig despite shooting Springfields in competition. The guns are so close in features it just comes down to preference. I liked the little beefier grip of the Hellcat along with better sights imo. 

It boils down to personal taste and preference the fireram platform was nicely done.  However, IMO it doesn't measure up to the 365.  After testing both of them extensively, the 365 handle defensive ammo to include +P really, really well...  Surprisingly so!  

You can't go wrong with either choice~  I'm eyeing the 365XL next...