Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Running out of stuff to load

gunner40sw

I won these at a match and i have loaded everything else I have and still nothing but time but I have never reloaded anything like this always only jacketed. I will use these only for practice so I don’t have to worry about power factor. So does anyone have any recipes for these I have VV N 320 and CFE Pistol

and  748. Winchester. And Hodgfon HS-6 Powders.  With an OAL to if you have it.

E426797F-5BC7-4DD5-AC11-EDBC982AF690.jpeg

When I started loading coated about 200K rounds ago the prevailing wisdom was to start with a plated load.  That's what I did and went softer from there (as is the desire shooting steel challenge).  FWIW, Alliant now has load data for Acme coated bullets, but of course only for their powders.  I think most have found that N320 is pretty close to SP load data wise.

2 hours ago, gunner40sw said:

I won these at a match and i have loaded everything else I have and still nothing but time but I have never reloaded anything like this always only jacketed. I will use these only for practice so I don’t have to worry about power factor. So does anyone have any recipes for these I have VV N 320 and CFE Pistol

and  748. Winchester. And Hodgfon HS-6 Powders.  With an OAL to if you have it.

E426797F-5BC7-4DD5-AC11-EDBC982AF690.jpeg

I load them with N320.  Put'em on top of 3.6 gr N320 at ~1.125" OAL.  If you have to load a little shorter due to your pistol's leade then that's not an issue.  That will give you ~133 PF via a 4.5" barrel.

27 minutes ago, HesedTech said:

My guess is you will need somewhere near 1.10 or less to run in most stock factory guns.

For a lot of the cast round nose bullets this can be true, but not for these in general.  They have a slightly more forgiving ogive.  Just a little better than say the big ole fat RN ogive on Blues or the old Acme profile, which certainly often require a shorter OAL.  I load them at 1.125" and they plunk & spin in all my 9mm pistols, even my CZs.  I can kind of feel it touch the rifling in my Apex M&P barrel, just maybe, barely, but it still spins.  I'm sure there are some leades out there which will require a shorter OAL for these bullets, but most should be fine with 1.125" and Ibejiheads RN.  A lot of them have been run through my guns.

I use nothing but Ibejiheads bullets for all my match loads. Though I've never specifically used that weight 9mm. As a general guideline, start with the loads listed in reloading books for cast lead bullets. But unlike cast bullets, you will get almost no leading from these bullets. And as a general guideline, using the same powder charge and OAL you use for jacketed bullets, the Ibejiheads will give you about 40 fps more velocity.