Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One Handed Shooting Tips with the Big Panda

CHA-LEE

Thanks for posting Charlie.  I have been working on this per your suggestion for a while now and it absolutely works.  With that said, I am struggling to maintain a “straight” up and down grip on my weak hand side.  I can do it, it’s just my elbow has a greater tendency to not want to stay in.  Any tips?  Or do I just need to practice this more?  Of course being mindful of position and not just slinging lead down range.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, MrT_shootsAcz said:

Thanks for posting Charlie.  I have been working on this per your suggestion for a while now and it absolutely works.  With that said, I am struggling to maintain a “straight” up and down grip on my weak hand side.  I can do it, it’s just my elbow has a greater tendency to not want to stay in.  Any tips?  Or do I just need to practice this more?  Of course being mindful of position and not just slinging lead down range.  Thanks!

The weak hand side is the hardest to keep the elbow pointed down while registering the gun in front of your dominant eye. Try bending the elbow a little more or blading your shoulders away from the target a little more as that should make maintaining the elbow down position easier to maintain. We all have a unique level of strength and flexibility so what looks "Normal" when I do it vs when you do it may be completely different. If it helps, when I shoot weak hand my elbow is bent a little more to make the position more comfortable. 

3 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

The weak hand side is the hardest to keep the elbow pointed down while registering the gun in front of your dominant eye. Try bending the elbow a little more or blading your shoulders away from the target a little more as that should make maintaining the elbow down position easier to maintain. We all have a unique level of strength and flexibility so what looks "Normal" when I do it vs when you do it may be completely different. If it helps, when I shoot weak hand my elbow is bent a little more to make the position more comfortable. 

Thanks!  It feels much better increasing the elbow bend and a bit with how much I am blading.  Now I am eager to confirm in live fire.  Thanks again.

The maximum amount of muzzle flip isn't important. What is important is the direction of the muzzle flip (straight up/down) and that the sights return to an aligned position after the slide snaps back forward. All of the tips I provided in the video help achieve those goals. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...