Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Staccato P Duo, hollow points nose dive

Qwikrex

12 minutes ago, ClayBuster said:

I was pretty sure it wasn’t the springs. There’s something wrong with the G2 grip/mag release combo on some of the guns. I knew this when I bought mine and was fully prepared to swap to a G1 grip but mine works fine. 

Yes, there is an issue with the mag catch on some of the G2 gripped guns, but all of mine are fine.  I didn't know it was causing a feeding issue, but I knew it could cause an "over insertion" issue with the magazines.

1 hour ago, ClayBuster said:

While mine was out getting a makeover I put one of my spare G1 grips on it, I ran it that way for the week the G2 grip was out without an issue. 

8B741B88-2587-4550-88A3-81784AED4C1D.jpeg

On Extreme Shooters site, it stated that if converting a 2020 staccato p to a gen 1 grip, that the trigger may need to be filed/fitted slightly to fit? Did you have to do this, and if so where exactly needs to be filed?

Thanks

I used the trigger that was already in the grip. ES wants the whole lower grip Including the mag release and trigger. 

Before spending any money I’d wait and see what STI does first. 

Edited by ClayBuster

It certainly doesn't take much to make a difference in feeding or failing. My original T&E shipped with Taran Tactical basepads. They fit the bottom of the tube loose enough for the badepad to pivot down/away from the tube very slightly. If you left that gap there with a full mag of flat nosed ammo, it would choke every time. If you closed that gap with your hand, it would feed the same ammo, all the time. Better springs fixed the issue, even with these base pads.

On 4/2/2020 at 8:41 AM, ClayBuster said:

I read that, and STI support reached out to me as well. They informed me of the issues with the gen 2 mag and that they were working on a gen 3 mag. They didnt say anything about the g2 grip being an issue though. 

I did however pick up 3 MBX mags to see if they'd feed any better. They load the first round just fine and the rounds stay pointed upward in the mag. I'll have to test for function during live fire tomorrow, but so far the MBX mags seem promising. Sucks that they're $126-140 a piece though lol.

Even if they work, it still sucks to have to spend that much extra on aftermarket mags for the gun to run reliably. That or wait for STI to release their g3 mags. 

It's still crazy to me that some gen 2's work, and others don't. Even in the same config. 

1 minute ago, ClayBuster said:

Like i said in the other thread, send the gun and mags back to them, it’s their problem let them fix it. 

I will, once they're able to. They said to follow up with them in 2 weeks to see if the gen 3 mags have come back from production/testing. Till then, hopefully these MBX mags prove reliable.

Tested the Staccato out with the MBX mags yesterday. Chambered and fed JHP's and FMJ's fine. So looks like I'll wait and see what happens with the STI gen 3 mags that are in production. Otherwise I'll be sticking with MBX mags I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

i have had the same thing happening in my DVC-P, HP or flatnose bullets do it.   I changed my Grip to a Gen1 and added Dawson posi loc mag release and still same thing,  I just ordered Grams followers last night to see if stiffer springs help.   I shoot allot of old LE trade in HP ammo for training, so I would like to fix this.