Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Legal Kydex Holster

Flea

Looking for skinny guys and which kydex holsters they use for a 4.25" 1911. The one I bought uses a DOTS hanger and for a skinny guy like me it puts the gun's grip more that 3/4 of inch from my body.

i use blade-tech for a couple of different guns i shoot in idpa.  believe they have a 20% off sale right now.  if they don't do 4.25" a 5" should work just a little more room in there than needed.

7 minutes ago, davsco said:

i use blade-tech for a couple of different guns i shoot in idpa.  believe they have a 20% off sale right now.  if they don't do 4.25" a 5" should work just a little more room in there than needed.

I've looked at their stuff but they are also on hangers like mine. I thought they wouldn't work for skinny guys.

11 hours ago, Flea said:

I've looked at their stuff but they are also on hangers like mine. I thought they wouldn't work for skinny guys.

they sell most as 'doh' which is dropped and offset, sort of a hanger.  if you take that dos piece off, the holster mounts right to the belt piece, close to the belt.  get their asr mount (two belt loops) vs tek lok as the asr spreads out further on your belt for a sturdier mount.  the teklok will work, i just like a bigger footprint for a gun, the tekloks are perfect for individual magazines.

https://blade-tech.com/collections/holster-finder/products/signature-holster?variant=8169825894490

Uncle Mikes has great Kydex/plastic holsters, and even greater pricing. Been using his holsters for IDPA and ipsc for many years. I'm using one of his drop leg holsters right now for 3 gun. Being a skinny guy myself with limited waistline real estate.

p.jpg

Edited by usmc1974

12 minutes ago, davsco said:

in the classifieds, you can ask seller or rht if it's idpa-legal

This should be IDPA legal but not sure that you would want to use IWB holster for competition. I only shoot USPSA and 3 Gun so you probably would want more clarification.