Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 upgrades

Let me help you a bit more. The manufacturer is OMRON, Model DH48J (although there are other manufacturers selling compatible items) and is an industrial product. You might find them on a piece of industrial production machinery counting cans, parts, bottles, or such.  They come in a variety of voltages so you will need to get one for 110/120VAC (if you are here in the USA). They typically sell for $12 - $56. I recommend you buy two since they are so cheap so you have a spare and something to experiment with.

Try this search to find these: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=OMRON+DH48J&_sacat=0

Additional note: the connector looks like the old 8 pin TV tube connector which can be troublesome to find slip on connectors for.  You can make the job easier if you also get the socket made for this too.  It is model 25860N and has screw-on terminals on it.

Hope that helps.

OMRON 4.jpg

OMRON 3.jpg

OMRON 2.jpg

OMRON 1.jpg

OMRON 5.jpg

Edited by GDIS46

On 4/23/2020 at 11:32 AM, GDIS46 said:

Let me help you a bit more. The manufacturer is OMRON, Model DH48J (although there are other manufacturers selling compatible items) and is an industrial product. You might find them on a piece of industrial production machinery counting cans, parts, bottles, or such.  They come in a variety of voltages so you will need to get one for 110/120VAC (if you are here in the USA). They typically sell for $12 - $56. I recommend you buy two since they are so cheap so you have a spare and something to experiment with.

Try this search to find these: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=OMRON+DH48J&_sacat=0

Additional note: the connector looks like the old 8 pin TV tube connector which can be troublesome to find slip on connectors for.  You can make the job easier if you also get the socket made for this too.  It is model 25860N and has screw-on terminals on it.

Hope that helps.

OMRON 4.jpg

OMRON 3.jpg

OMRON 2.jpg

OMRON 1.jpg

OMRON 5.jpg

Thanks!! How big of a pain are these to wire into the casefeeder?

Not really a pain at all but there are several ways you can do it.

1. The micro switch is rewired to be the trigger on the counter and the counter is what turns off the motor when the count is reached.

2. The micro switch remains in series with the motor and something else triggers the count.

a.  You could attach a relay to the micro switch that would trigger the counter but yet remain in series with the motor.

b.  That something else could be a sensor around the tube.

c.  Or even a magnetic switch tied to the down stroke of the handle.

As they say, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

DH48J digital counter manual_Page_1.jpg

DH48J digital counter manual_Page_2.jpg

Omron DH48J Schematic 1.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by GDIS46

• 2 weeks later...