Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trying to Decide, DVC L vs. Staccato P duo

Patrolmen

50th Birthday this year and my wife wants to get me a nice gun.  I narrowed it down to these two, so far.  I like the P because I could use it for duty if I wanted.  But I found a new DVC L in the LGS today and I really like that.  I shot my buddies DVC Tactical and it is really nice.  Never shot a Staccato, but the action does not feel as smooth as the DVC.?  I also would like to get back into 3-gun and maybe some other stuff, IDPA etc.  Any restrictions on either of these guns that I couldn't use one is competition?  Pro's and Con's of each?  

My first post in many years, but I am ready to get back into the game again.

Thanks!

So, I can't remember exactly what the DVC L is, but I'm guessing it's a 5.4" gun?  The Stacatto P does make an excellent duty gun (ask me how I know), but depending on the date of manufacture, it may not be IDPA legal.  The new ones are 4.4" guns with a bull barrel which makes them illegal for IDPA.  For 3gun, USPSA and general plinking the DVC-L might make a better choice.  The DVC line of pistols also had lighter/better triggers and the DLC was brighter/more shiny, when they outsourced it.  That may be why it felt smoother to you.  

Thank you for the info.  Yes the Staccato would be a 2020 with the 4.4" bull barrel.  The DVC L is a 5" with gold barrel, no rail, full dust cover.  No use for duty though.  Really stuck on this one.  I wish I could fire a Staccato P just to see.  I am assuming they are way better than a normal Colt 1911???