Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Floating an idea regarding match sponsors for 2020

teddym90

Hey guys, I've been bouncing an idea around for how I might handle my 2020 end of season prize table match and thought I'd get a take from everyone. 

I'm afraid this current covid-19 crisis is going to have a big impact on many of the vendors that support our prize table matches best they can. Without this news it has been getting harder and harder to sustain as it was. 

I'm thinking about simply offering to fly banners for all vendors interested and maybe just put together prize packs for top finishes but not try to build a big prize table so that everyone gets a prize this year... Kind of a, let's really around our vendors type theme. 

What do you think the community's response would be knowing its just not fair to think we can expect these vendors to keep forking it over if the economic impact is as hard on them as it looks to be? 

I'm not sure I agree... ammo mfg's, sure... stock gun mfg's sure... custom builders and custom parts and gear vendors... I'd be curious to hear from anyone with an insider's view on that.  

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

just put on a good match with good stages, lower the entry fees and dont worry about the prize table

We do that to. This is an eoy match where we try to amp everything up for a little more excitement. 

As someone planning to shoot this match, at this point would just be happy to be at the match! Vendors may or may not be able to offer stuff for the prize table, so I suppose it won't hurt to ask. Prize table or not, I have it on my calendar to be there this year.

On 4/3/2020 at 7:23 PM, travail said:

As someone planning to shoot this match, at this point would just be happy to be at the match! Vendors may or may not be able to offer stuff for the prize table, so I suppose it won't hurt to ask. Prize table or not, I have it on my calendar to be there this year.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you can make it out this year! 

On 3/28/2020 at 4:27 PM, teddym90 said:

I'm not sure I agree... ammo mfg's, sure... stock gun mfg's sure... custom builders and custom parts and gear vendors... I'd be curious to hear from anyone with an insider's view on that.  

Competition-related sales have slowed way down according to people I talk to.  Glocks and ARs and ammo flying off shelves.  Reloading is heating up.

• 5 months later...

If it's a local match, think local. Smaller prizes always go well in smaller matches.

Prize thoughts....Entry fee to the next match, nice dinner or local food gift certificates, sporting goods store certificates, a nice set of shoes/cleats, etc.

Buy some shirts from the sponsors. They are the best advertising for the sponsor because people will wear them for years.

In the end, it's more about a good match with good friends.