Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
teddym90

Floating an idea regarding match sponsors for 2020

Hey guys, I've been bouncing an idea around for how I might handle my 2020 end of season prize table match and thought I'd get a take from everyone. 

I'm afraid this current covid-19 crisis is going to have a big impact on many of the vendors that support our prize table matches best they can. Without this news it has been getting harder and harder to sustain as it was. 

I'm thinking about simply offering to fly banners for all vendors interested and maybe just put together prize packs for top finishes but not try to build a big prize table so that everyone gets a prize this year... Kind of a, let's really around our vendors type theme. 

What do you think the community's response would be knowing its just not fair to think we can expect these vendors to keep forking it over if the economic impact is as hard on them as it looks to be? 

If they sell guns which have a defensive purpose or reloading components, that particular vendor is doing rather well right now...

So some of them are hurting badly I’m sure. But certainly not all of them.

I'm not sure I agree... ammo mfg's, sure... stock gun mfg's sure... custom builders and custom parts and gear vendors... I'd be curious to hear from anyone with an insider's view on that.  

My local gun shop had waiting lines until they got shut down couple days ago.

Out of most everything.

But, they're closed for at least two weeks, now.

just put on a good match with good stages, lower the entry fees and dont worry about the prize table

3 hours ago, Joe4d said:

just put on a good match with good stages, lower the entry fees and dont worry about the prize table

We do that to. This is an eoy match where we try to amp everything up for a little more excitement.