Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to get prints for RDS milling

beMatt

Does anyone here know where one can get good prints for making some programs for slide milling? I could work from measurements I take from my own RDS, but I'd trust prints from the manufacturer or others than are running them successfully more than my own metrology skills. Also, it would be nice to be able to do cuts for sights I don't own. I've emailed Shield and Trijicon and am awaiting reply from them, but do most manufacturers provide prints for their products, or are there any floating around on the web for them?

Those show the size of the hole, on the sight itself, but don't show the thread for the screw. Pretty sure many of them use different thread pitches, depths, etc. For example, I'm pretty sure the RMSc will use metric threaded screws while the RMR will use SAE. Unless some don't ship with screws at all? Pretty sure my RMR came with a set.

thanks for the help, all. consider this solved.

I was able to email most of the popular manufacturers (including Trijicon) and get direct prints from there. I can't share them, but if anyone else comes across this issue, just email your request to the companies and they should help out.