Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 mag question

usmc1974

My girl just bought me a new CZ 75 spo1 Phantom.  I got three magazines go with it new mec-gars. But how do you get the empty magazine, to fall free reliably? Seens like if I put any finger pressure on the front strap they will hang up.

I don’t know about the phantom, but I have had some issues with other guns. I used blue magic (polishing compound) and lightly polished the outside (and inside) of my mags. With my Tanfo, this helped mags drop free better and on the inside the follower stopped binding up. It made my mags look a bit used immediately, but it got rid of the roughness to them and slicked them up. But more importantly they functioned as they should have. May be worth a try on one of your mags to see if it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I took care of the situation.  it was a pretty easy fix. I stuck one of my Beretta magazines all the way inside of it tightly got the hair dryer out and got the frame real hot and left it that way overnight. when I took the mag out in the morning, the merger mags went in and out like butter

28 minutes ago, Joedirt199 said:

The older model phantoms used to have that problem. The newer gens were supposed to have the upgraded polymer that flexed less and let the mags drop free. Glad you got it squared away.

You're probably right,  sounds like I have one of the old ones. Probably why it was on sale to. Really like this gun it fits the hand like a glove,  with the large backstrap on it.  I ordered a new fiber optic sight set, from Dawson.

20 minutes ago, Joedirt199 said:

CZ Customs has an adjustable LPA style rear sight I used on mine that fits the 75B rear dovetail. Big improvement over the small stock sights. Also gave mine the cajun gun works treatment of springs, reduced reach, comp hammer and 10x bushing. 

I am going with this set. From Dawson I find fiber optic Rod to be so much brighter than anybody else's

310-215Large__13015.1531863160-1.jpg

Edited by usmc1974