Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
avastcosmicarena

People still waiting on Honchos...

Hola! An email was sent out on 1/13 advising of the delay. If you have a question or want to chat, give us a call or send us a message. With the current closures and craziness going on we are focusing on supply, production and responding to all inquiries as quickly as we can. We will not be monitoring this forum or providing information here. Again, get in touch with us with any questions. I guarantee we have better information than what you’ll find here regarding your Honcho : )

Stay Safe - Tiffany

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, MVPFc said:

Hola! An email was sent out on 1/13 advising of the delay. If you have a question or want to chat, give us a call or send us a message. With the current closures and craziness going on we are focusing on supply, production and responding to all inquiries as quickly as we can. We will not be monitoring this forum or providing information here. Again, get in touch with us with any questions. I guarantee we have better information than what you’ll find here regarding your Honcho : )

Stay Safe - Tiffany

Great to hear that you guys are keeping production open, thanks for the update. Will be in touch soon to inquire about possibly placing an order, depending on lead times.

Edited by kamber

I ordered the full race ready model on 12/24 and paid in full. Im currently at 14 weeks. Was quoted 12-14 weeks. Guess i should stop checking my email.  

At 17 weeks....

5 hours ago, RGC said:

At 17 weeks....

17 weeks 😳. Ouch hope I don’t have to wait that long. But not holding my breath. Hope you get yours soon. 

Week 14 for me was March 9th.  Tiffany promptly replied saying the 3 week delay was in effect, and she was being hopeful at that.  Hope to hear something from them soon....

When do you guys start the countdown- when the order is placed on the website or when final configuration is confirmed with PT?

Don't know. I got a final build sheet with my custom Serial# it has a date on the top. Thats when I started counting. 

I was told by Tiffany my 14 week period was March 9th...so thats pretty definitive.

FWIW, I'd guess I'm around 18 or maybe 19 weeks now, I think.

However, for the record, and because I don't want this thread to leave too negative of an impression on them, Tiffany did contact me about a week ago and told me she talked to the people doing the coating and they said they'd have my gun done by April 3rd, which is this Friday. Add a few days to that for the Phoenix Trinity folks to get final packaging, test firing, etc. done and then it should be on the way to my FFL sometime next week.

So, I should have it soon. I'll post an update when I get it.

Also, she sent me a sample/test of the color my aluminum parts are getting anodized at the same time. So, this is proof that my things are being coated right now.

90953994_530510874557294_7919413970014830592_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=RYd8exY4_oMAX9E0GRi&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=d53db157d302781832efca04c78045c6&oe=5EA8BCB8

And it looks quite good, IMO. 😎

Good stuff!

Hoping for mine in a couple weeks.  Lots of time on my hands and could burn a few hours a day at the range.....

1 hour ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Also, she sent me a sample/test of the color my aluminum parts are getting anodized at the same time. So, this is proof that my things are being coated right now.

90953994_530510874557294_7919413970014830592_n.png?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=RYd8exY4_oMAX9E0GRi&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=d53db157d302781832efca04c78045c6&oe=5EA8BCB8

And it looks quite good, IMO. 😎

That color looks awesome. Post some pics of the completed gun when you get it. 

I took mine to the range last weekend and ran my first real session of 9major ammo through it. I was running 124 coated under 9.8 gr of aa7 at around 174 pf.

I was impressed. First off the trigger is amazing. Functioned 100% for the 400 ish rounds I brought and it Shot like a dream. My new favorite gun. Im excited to shoot some 40 major and 9 minor in sight block configuration.  

Not like this video shows much. But to satisfy the antsy pants in this post, you'll forget about the wait when you get yours on the range. It’s a bad a$$ gun. 

1 hour ago, Shmella said:

Not like this video shows much. But to satisfy the antsy pants in this post, you'll forget about the wait when you get yours on the range. It’s a bad a$$ gun. 

Thanks for the feedback and video. Looks like it for sure should be a fun fun to shoot. 

Looking forward to it....

Does anyone have any idea what the grey pvd looks like? I ordered the grey pvd with red accents and I had seen the red stuff but I have not seen one in grey pvd.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

FWIW, I'd guess I'm around 18 or maybe 19 weeks now, I think.

However, for the record, and because I don't want this thread to leave too negative of an impression on them, Tiffany did contact me about a week ago and told me she talked to the people doing the coating and they said they'd have my gun done by April 3rd, which is this Friday. Add a few days to that for the Phoenix Trinity folks to get final packaging, test firing, etc. done and then it should be on the way to my FFL sometime next week.

So, I should have it soon. I'll post an update when I get it.

Did U order yours on bfsale 

I got a message today that said they are still building pistols right now on schedule. Of course If their vendors shut down it will slow things up. I have watched every video on  YouTube on the honcho I can find and can’t wait to fire one. 

5 hours ago, Shmella said:

Ah.

Must...resist....multiple email inquiries....to PT......

Trying to hold it together in anticipation...a good thing.

I’m right at 12 weeks and got the note yesterday on delays due to coating, corona, etc.    think it’s going to be a while.  

1 hour ago, OptimiStick said:

I’m right at 12 weeks and got the note yesterday on delays due to coating, corona, etc.    think it’s going to be a while.  

I wonder if there's another issue with the coating vendor, as I received my 'coating issue' email in Jan. if I recall correctly.

I’m at 14 weeks this week. I asked about expectations last week. This is what I was told. I’m not expecting anything till May sometime. 

It’s been a mad house here this week. I’m getting an email together with the latest info to send later today or on Monday. 

We are switching coating companies and should have a better idea of timing by April 10th when we should be able to start sending orders to the new company.

I'm at week 18.  Doesn't matter anyway under the current circumstances.