Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People still waiting on Honchos...


avastcosmicarena

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/30/2020 at 1:44 PM, JJB05 said:

 

One failure is not a trend.  I have seen practically every gun builder have issues at some point with a part or gun, overall. Statistically, one is an anomaly.  Kinda throwing a grenade out there with no verifiable information.  If anybody on here that has a Honcho speak up if they had a crack in their locking block.  

The locking block just happens to be the entire piece this Guin is built around, so I would say it's a big deal. I saw it broken. Gun locked up on the last stage of a match with two targets left. Couldn't even rack the slide. Huge deal if you ask me.  If that was a major and he had no back up gun, that's it! 9 Major gun running running 175PF, nothing crazy. I'm just letting people know and for it to show for the record because you know PT isn't going to broadcast that crap, they think their sh** don’t stink. You're welcome.

Edited by Carry9shoot40
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Carry9shoot40 said:

09BB8C3A-C389-46A0-9E49-3CB9C98F698E.jpeg

 

That’s from my gun, and yes it crashed at the end of the stage.  Contacted Brian and he’s sending me a new one, he said he’s never seen that before and that he would take care of it for me. He asked me to send my gun back with both my barrels (I have 9major/9minor) to make sure they fit properly and is sending it back to me tomorrow.   I’ve personally been happy with the gun, and very happy with the CS that Brian has provided anytime I’ve had an any issue or question.  In fact sent him a thumb rest that he is modifying for me with no charge without even asking him to do it, he just offered to do it when talking to him about it last week.  He also replaced my magwell at no cost when I screwed it up via user error, (stupid on my part) which he didn’t need to do at all but did anyway, quality move.  Stuff happens and I am confident that PT will be quick to provide a solution.  He responded quickly to all my questions and has provided a quick turnaround, and has gone the extra mile for me, so personally I have been very happy with Brian, the gun and the CS he’s provided. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Carry9shoot40 said:

The locking block just happens to be the entire piece this Guin is built around, so I would say it's a big deal. I saw it broken. Gun locked up on the last stage of a match with two targets left. Couldn't even rack the slide. Huge deal if you ask me.  If that was a major and he had no back up gun, that's it! 9 Major gun running running 175PF, nothing crazy. I'm just letting people know and for it to show for the record because you know PT isn't going to broadcast that crap, they think their sh** don’t stink. You're welcome.

 Never said it wasn't a big deal...I said one failure is not a trend.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not familiar with the design, but if it works the way I think it does, that ramp is going to act as a lever and the max pressure is going to be right at the weakest point adjacent to the hole.  So I'd expect it to fail exactly how it did.  I'd also say chances are pretty good we'll see more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, japarker82 said:

I ordered late December. And in the absolute nicest way possible, was told to just keep waiting. Someone will contact me when there’s new info. 

:( sucks!  I wonder if they will discount the firearm platform even further due to they missing the 12/14 weeks build time period... ???  Wishful thinking I guess lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My order is officially dated Feb.17. Yes,I'm anxious but seeing others waiting longer I figured to be patient and wait before even inquiring about an ETA. My question to put out there is given the recent world/pandemic challenges etc. does anyone have knowledge of other custom pistol builders fulfiling orders in their regular predicted timeline?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, vgdvc said:

My order is officially dated Feb.17. Yes,I'm anxious but seeing others waiting longer I figured to be patient and wait before even inquiring about an ETA. My question to put out there is given the recent world/pandemic challenges etc. does anyone have knowledge of other custom pistol builders fulfiling orders in their regular predicted timeline?

I'm not saying who on another companies thread but I ordered open gun #1 on Jan 5th and got delivery on April 7th.  Ordered 2nd open gun on April 20th and gun goes to coating this week.  Likely going to have it in hand before end of the month.  PM me if you want to know who I'm buying from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/1/2020 at 6:41 PM, PGGUNS said:

 

That’s from my gun, and yes it crashed at the end of the stage.  Contacted Brian and he’s sending me a new one, he said he’s never seen that before and that he would take care of it for me. He asked me to send my gun back with both my barrels (I have 9major/9minor) to make sure they fit properly and is sending it back to me tomorrow.   I’ve personally been happy with the gun, and very happy with the CS that Brian has provided anytime I’ve had an any issue or question.  In fact sent him a thumb rest that he is modifying for me with no charge without even asking him to do it, he just offered to do it when talking to him about it last week.  He also replaced my magwell at no cost when I screwed it up via user error, (stupid on my part) which he didn’t need to do at all but did anyway, quality move.  Stuff happens and I am confident that PT will be quick to provide a solution.  He responded quickly to all my questions and has provided a quick turnaround, and has gone the extra mile for me, so personally I have been very happy with Brian, the gun and the CS he’s provided. 

Actually, its not a bad situation....considering.

 

I am going to inquire about getting a couple made and kept in my tool box.  As the stresses are on the linkage and this is the point where its a head on collision with a bus and a semi every shot, its good to know where most of the stress of the gun is going.  I am saying, I have shot with a friend that had a barrel link on a S_I break on stage 2 at USPSA Nats.  That is the stress point of conventional 1911 designs.  So he jumped to his backup.  I would rather be in a position that I swap out a locking block.  Just spinning a positive as I have had guns go down (and these are 9K+ guns mind you) with cracks etc.  I work in the steel world and understand the variations.......

 

Just need the pistol in my hand so I can pound out 100K and test them.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2020 at 8:50 PM, RGC said:

I am saying, I have shot with a friend that had a barrel link on a S_I break on stage 2 at USPSA Nats.  That is the stress point of conventional 1911 designs. 

 

That's simply not correct.  1911/2011 link failures are due to improper barrel fitting that results when the rearward movement is stopped by the link instead of the VIS.  It's a manufacturing defect, not a design defect.  The failure of the part in the photo appears to be a design issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

 

That's simply not correct.  1911/2011 link failures are due to improper barrel fitting that results when the rearward movement is stopped by the link instead of the VIS.  It's a manufacturing defect, not a design defect.  The failure of the part in the photo appears to be a design issue.

Your assessment of the Honcho design is incorrect. If you would like to discuss it or if anyone would like additional info on the lock block in the photo, feel free to give us a call as we are not actively monitoring or replying to this forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MVPFc said:

Your assessment of the Honcho design is incorrect. If you would like to discuss it or if anyone would like additional info on the lock block in the photo, feel free to give us a call as we are not actively monitoring or replying to this forum.

 

Ok, thanks for the reply and offer to discuss.  Seems like you guys are very busy, so I don't want to take up more of your time with that.  I'll get my hands on one eventually and check it out.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

 

Ok, thanks for the reply and offer to discuss.  Seems like you guys are very busy, so I don't want to take up more of your time with that.  I'll get my hands on one eventually and check it out.  

 

I am from the Chicagoland area and would be happy to let you shoot my Honcho, shoot me a message.  Fair warning: the hype is real

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...