Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
ysrracer

What's a good dry-fire regimen, now that I'm stuck at home?

Posted (edited)

So I'm hiding at home from the virus, and have nothing but free time. What's a good dry-fire regimen to practice so I DON'T GO CRAZY ??

Edited by ysrracer

I like Ben Stoeger’s Dry Fire Reloaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good timing! Just decided to take advantage of the downtime and do the same- using a combo of Steve Anderson and Ben Stoegers drills.  Mix and match, setup a couple and do the.   Actually also doing w/ airsoft as well. Ordered the mini target set and have it in the garage. :)  

-M  

Aim at something really small, like a light switch on the other side of the room, and dry-fire DA until the sights stay where they are supposed to be when the hammer drops.  Only dry-fire with a hard grip using full muscle tension, or you will be grooving in bad habits.  Doing it correctly will be difficult and fatiguing.

6 hours ago, Carmoney said:

Aim at something really small, like a light switch on the other side of the room, and dry-fire DA until the sights stay where they are supposed to be when the hammer drops.  Only dry-fire with a hard grip using full muscle tension, or you will be grooving in bad habits.  Doing it correctly will be difficult and fatiguing.

I'd say 90% of my dry fire consists of exactly this type of routine.  IMO, you really just want to build good habits, muscle memory , and most of all really tone in the visuals you need with yours eyes on the front sight. Practice your Draws, (dummy round ) reloads, transitions from spot to spot. 

Dry fire with revolver is probably the most effective out of all the divisions because it's the same process between live and dry fire with you actually cycling the gun in double action every-time you pull the trigger. 

A few years ago I picked up some of those small scale cardboard targets that I taped to the walls around my reloading room, If you want to get really fancy about it you can pick up some of those. https://benstoegerproshop.com/accessories/targets/dry-fire-targets/

12 hours ago, Carmoney said:

This

And reload practice

2 minutes ago, Soderquist said:

weighted mag

wrong forum. 

10 minutes ago, alecmc said:

wrong forum. 

hey, if he wants to use a weighted mag in his revolver, that’s his business...

56 minutes ago, Soderquist said:

Steve Anderson 12 drills. Use a weighted mag

Weighted mag? My daddy didn't raise no sissy semi auto shooter :)

7 minutes ago, Soderquist said:

Sorry I didn't notice this was posted on the revolver forum.

Ahh, we're just busting your huevos :)